Preference 272 - Nighttime Routine

Harry - you make your way into the bathroom, slung a little around the doorframe, taking Harry by the bare waist when he brushes his teeth. You let go to set your own toothbrush and brush your teeth beside him, knocking hips playfully, smiling down. Harry always smiles the widest, toothpaste a foaming mess in his mouth when he does.

He meets you in bed, wrestling close before you both lay away to either side of the bed, meeting eyes in the dark. He nestles close to kiss your forehead with drooping eyes, “I love you, babe…”

Liam - you trace along the edge of the bed with your fingertips dancing along the covers, his body behind you, halfway undressed. He drapes arms around you and helps you down, shifting the covers with one hand and your body with the other, settling you before he settles himself. He reaches over to turn the light by the bedside table off, turning back to look at you and smile, nestle down into the pillows where you already are.

He’s always the big spoon, settling in behind you and brushing hair from your neck to kiss delicately, helping you sleep.

Louis - you pace the room around him, trying to clean up because you can’t go to sleep knowing you’ve left a mess so much, kicking up jeans and shirts and tossing them to Louis, his hands fiddling as he folds and tucks it away in the dresser, laughing about something that happened today as he retells the story to you. 

His eyes puckering a little, drooping when you turn and walk towards him, press the soft cotton of the last t-shirt into his hands, kissing his lips before you step away and shed your clothes, crawling beneath the covers and waiting for him to do the same.

Zayn - you knot your hair into a bun in the bathroom, feeling Zayn’s hands on your waist, standing behind you with his feet on the cool tiles. He smirks into the mirror and leans close behind you, swaying with you and humming a soft tune in your head, a new song each night that you try to guess, pressing your lips together and squinting your eyes, “um, is that Michael Jackson?”

You crawl into bed in each others arms, a delicate kiss dropping to your lips before he lays down and tugs the covers up for you, closing his eyes.

Niall - he takes your hand to lead you upstairs, not saying much but his lips mumble tiny words by your ear that barely make sense, and yet, somehow all the sense in the world. He rolls his t-shirt over his head and tosses it to the floor, the same way you unbutton your shirt and slide out of it. He kisses your forehead before he pads into the bathroom.

You follow and listen to the sounds as he splashes water over his face, and sighs contentedly when he shakes the loose droplets without using a towel. He kisses after your skin again with his wet lips, chasing you back into the bedroom again.