Preference 224 - He Gets Into A Fight For You

Harry - you dabbed the tip of the ice pack against a swell rising in his pink lip, “I can’t believe you,” you shook your head. He winced back a little until you were tugging his chin to hold him, “come on, don’t be such a baby…”

"You didn’t hear the guy, (Y/N)," he groaned around you, bending one elbow to rest it on the arm of the couch. You shifted kneeling in front of him, removing the ice pack. Blue and purple flickered by his swelling eye, blinking, "you didn’t hear what he said…"

"Still," you pleaded with his eyes when they met you, "you can’t just be picking fights with anyone, Harry. You’ve gotta be careful."

"Babe," he tried smirking, "ah, fuck," wincing again. He took the ice pack from your hand to hold it up to his eye, "I love you, okay? But if some guy says something bad about you, I’m going to punch him. I am. And you can’t stop me."

"You’re lucky I’ve got a thing for black eyes," you muttered when you stole the ice pack back to your hand, numbing his lip again. 

Liam - ”Hold still, Liam…” you groaned, hands curling around wrists he tried to use for fiddling under you, “Liam, hold still, I need to pull the last bit of glass out…”

"Babe, it hurts…" he squeezed his eyes shut, scrunching his fist with skin turning white where you held his hand. 

"Well, that’s what you get for punching some idiot in the face and breaking his glasses…" you snapped, working out his fingers to unclench them, "just hold still, please, okay? Or I’ll call Louis back in here."

"Fine," he groaned in the end, mouth agape enough that he could clamp his lips around a pillow, biting down. You raised the tweezers and leant them down to his knuckle, wriggling the tiny shard of glass from his bloody skin, "ah, babe… shit, that hurts!"

"Just one more second," you tugged harder on the fragment, leaning down to him to kiss his forehead, soothing, "just one more second," you murmured softly before you could ease the glass out completely, "there we go…"

Louis - ”Fucking dick,” Louis growled enough over his shoulder not to notice you tripping in helping him back. Harry and Niall tugged his arms and you pushed his chest. 

"What the hell was that?" Harry snarled, fisting bits of material around the collar. 

"Haz, calm down," you steeled your voice, "I’ll take care of him, you…" you peered around the scene again, before lowering your voice, "just go make sure that guy isn’t dead, alright?"

You bundled up hands to face Louis, with breath uneven and he shook with each one out, “babe, I…”

"Save it," you pressed yourself against him, murmuring, "but seriously, what the hell were you thinking?"

"You heard what he said," he held one of your cheeks with a bloody knuckle, "I had to do it… I had to…"

"You’re crazy, Louis," you groaned, holding his face and pressing your forehead to his, biting down and grinding your teeth in a groan, "you’re absolutely crazy, Lou."

Zayn - you brushed a thumb over his forehead, jagged when you had to rise over the bump swelling there, “how bad does it hurt now?” You winced when you touched it. 

"Not so bad now…" he mumbled, raising himself a little from laying down on the couch, elbows supporting him, "it was still worth it…"

"Oh, yeah?" You tapped the black eye mixing purple and yellow, brushing his eyebrow till he yowled under you, "still worth it now, huh?"

"Easy, babe," he smirked, taking your hand to kiss it down, "I was defending your honour. I’d gladly do it again…"

"I just wish you didn’t have to," you sighed, till he was pulling you onto the couch with him, limbs moving until you were laying against him. 

"It’s okay, babe," he murmured, settling with you pressed to him, closing his eyes, "I’ve always got you… and I always will."

Niall - you nudged the door open after Liam helped you into the back room, spying Niall with a cold washer pressed to half his face, “so we’re getting into bar fights now?” You smiled closer, reaching him. He lowered the cloth enough to look at you. 

"Think this looks bad, you should see the other guy…" he swallowed, trying to smile. You dropped your gaze when it hurt him to, brushing back through his hair as you looked up again, "he was being a dick, babe, and he was saying things he shouldn’t…" he groaned, gulping a little groggy, "shouldn’t have been saying…"

"My hero," you rolled your eyes, taking the washer from him. You dabbed his skin softly, careful when he winced, "just remember that I worry, babe, next time?"