Chapter 36

Leigh-Anne
I really envied Perrie and Jade's relationship. I looked at Jesy who was sitting across from me in the van while we headed to our flat, she was typing away on her phone. "Jesss." I whispered letting out a toothy yawn. "Leigh Leigh." She smiled sweetly at me taking a picture of me.
"Eeew why'd ya take a picture? I look like a walrus!" I gasped leaping at the phone in her hands. "Because I think it's cute, and the mixers will think so too!" She smiled at me holding the phone out of reach.
"Gimme!" I reached for it but she wouldn't let me! "Come and get it babe." She winked seductively at me. "Jes!" I gasped hitting her chest lightly before trying to reach for the phone again. "Yes love?" She asked smiling innocently at me. "Cheeky nut, delete it!" I my demanded holding onto her arm like a three year old. "No can do Leigh Leigh." She chuckled watching me struggle. "You tease!" I grouched then got an idea. I brought my face closer to her. "Gimme the phone." I told her; she giggled like a child and shook her head. "No!" She said but her breath hitched the closer I got; I gave her a cheeky smirk while the cabbie was looking away.
"Then no kisses from me!" I whispered trailing my lips over hers teasingly. "Oi, that's no fair!" She complained hugging the phone to her chest. "Then no kisses!" I poked her face kissing her sweetly on the cheek.
"Aww." She grouched and deleted the picture off her feed. "Yay!" I did a victory cheer leaping on her lap taking out my phone.
"Smile beautiful!" I giggled and took a picture kissing her cheek while her arms wrapped around my waist. "So I can't take a picture of you but you can take a picture with me?" She said when I pulled away from her. "Yes because I'm amazziiiiing like that." I batted my eyelashes innocently at her. "Uh, last I checked-I think we all agreed I was the amazing one!" She straightened up using her American accent.
"Well get a reality check babe because this girl is the bomb!" I declared feeling a sharp jab in my side moments later.
I squeaked falling on my side with my head in Jesy's lap while she laughed at me, that cheater-she ruined my moment! I pouted hiding my face in the sleeves of my jumper. We reached the flat in one peace and hopped out.
"Well I'm watching the notebook for no reason." I whisper-shouted grabbing the knob on the door about to turn the handle.
"-STOP LEIGH-ANNE." Jesy pulled me back into her suddenly while I gasped in horror seeing two figures crash out of the windows of the flat coming towards us. No, this couldn't be right-we were at the wrong place at the wrong time.
"No Leigh this is happening." Jesy whispered trembling with fear-nonononono this couldn't be! It wasn't supposed to happen. "No!" I gasped seeing our flat starting to burn while they backed us to the door.
"Get back!" I heard someone say but I felt as though I couldn't move. "L-Leigh come on!" Jesy fretted growing nervous, I was still shocked that I couldn't move. "LEIGH-ANNE!" Jesy shouted pushing me back right in time before the door gave out from the heat inside but a chunk of the door managed to break off and collide with my chest and another with the side of my face-right on the cheek as well as in the back of the head, snapping me out of the trance; I stumbled back.
"Leigh! Someone help me!" Jesy called starting to panic while the two figures made a wise decision and ran away from the gathering crowd and to their own little place of hell. "Ow, it hurts." I winced feeling a warm liquid on the back of my head. "Leigh oh my fucking god-are you-can you see? Someone call the fucking fire department!" Jesy called turning her attention to me, I looked up into her eyes. "I can hear you-but m-my head hurts Jes." I whispered feeling the pain slowly creeping down my body.
"Come on babe, I'm taking you to the ER." Jesy wiped away a tear that was dribbling down her cheek; I made out the remains of our flat through my tears-I was having mixed emotions: pain, anger, rage, depression, I mean come on-I fucking lived there-that was MY flat. But now it was going to end up only being a pile of ashes.
"Come on Leigh." Jesy whispered pulling me up. "Jesy they fucking b-burned down the flat!" I sai still feeling the fact slowly sinking in. "Yes Leigh, they did and they're going to go to hell okay? Just come on I don't want you to get screwed up even worse." I felt her gently pick me up while sirens were getting closer and closer. I buried my face in her neck avoiding the eyes of people burning into my body feeling revealed and weak.
"Oh my god is that Leigh-Anne Pinnock!"
"And Jesy Nelson!" A few people gasped. "Guys not now." Jesy said working her way around the large crowd with me in her arms which I clung onto for dear life.
"What happened Jesy?"
A crew of paps started following us, oh no, I really couldn't do this right now. I saw some of our security guys trying to hold them back but they pushed and kept persisting for an answer.