Chapter 29- The worlds a bitch

Phil's P.O.V

As soon as we entered the hospital, Dan and I were torn apart. I was gently pushed on to a trolley and raced off.

Lying there, I zoned out and ignored what the doctor was saying. Instead, I focused on the large, bright lights scattered across the porcelain ceiling. All of a sudden, a wave of tiredness washed over me and so I let my eyes close and I soon fell asleep.

Dan's P.O.V

"Calm down." I mumbled to myself, trying to regulate my breathing and stop my tears. After about ten minutes, my breathing was as normal as I could be in this situation and so I headed back over into the waiting room.

"Daniel Howell?" A woman from reception called a few moments later. I began to head to the front desk where a woman sat expectantly with a warm, welcoming smile spread across her face.

"Are you Daniel?" She questioned kindly, to which I replied with a quick nod.

"Philip is currently in a stable condition and, although he did fall unconscious at one point, his physical health is fine and stable. His wounds have all been stitched up and he should be allowed out either today or tomorrow." Her words relieved me.

"I'm so glad he's okay. Do you know when I can go and see him?" I spoke with a wide grin spread from ear to ear.

"You can visit him whenever you want. He's in room number 42, in ward B." I shot her another smile before dashing off towards his room, again following all of the signs. Once outside the door, I stopped for a moment to calm down before gently knocking.

"Come in." I heard a sleepy-sounding Phil say from the other side.

"Hi." I said gently, which seemed to make him giggle.

"Danny looks like a fluffy unicorn with lots and lots of sparkly sun drops." He spoke, slightly slurred and again with a cute giggle. I shot a confused glance to the doctor, who stood in the corner of Phil's room. He seemed to understand what I was questioning.

"The drug we had to put him on whilst we stitched him up is now wearing off. He's awake but he won't be himself for a while. Depending on what time it wears off, he could leave today or tomorrow." The doctor spoke in a calm and precise voice.

"Okay, thank you." I said with a smile, now feeling less confused.

"I wuve yuuu Danny." Phil slurred again whilst reaching his arms up and wrapping them around my waist.

"I love you too." I said with a slight chuckle before gently pulling his arms off of me so I could go and sit down next to him on the bed. When I looked down at him I could see he was now pouting and had the expression of a small, sulking child.

"What's the matter?" I asked, wondering what caused his mood swing.

"You don't wuv me." He said with his eyebrows scrunched up and his bottom lip stuck out.

"Yes I do. Why do you think that?" I replied with a small smile at how childish he was acting.

"You didn't want my hug. You're supposed to want my hugs even if you don't actually want them." He continued to sulk.

"I do want your hugs. I just had to move so I could do this." I stated with a smirk before leaning in to give him a small peck on the lips whilst playing with one of his little kitten ears.

His cheeks dusted with a light pink before he gave me a wide smile and leaned in for a proper kiss. I rejected him again, feeling bad about it, but not wanting to make the doctor feel awkward.