|15| Displaced Wrath

|First Person POV|

I forced my breathing to become steady as I slowly took in this information

I forced my breathing to become steady as I slowly took in this information. Alright, so, Ki had lied to me. But, why?

As far as I saw it, she had cut off all connections to Chrollo, so why did she feel the need to hide her true name from me? There was only one possible explanation. She was a double agent - maybe even a triple agent, and was working for someone else!

My heart ached. So, her seemingly-innocent personality and playful nature were all fake then? I understand that she had indeed tried to kill me before, but didn't she also buy me Kimaru? Didn't Killua and Gon get along with her? What was happening?

I finally got my breathing under control, and stood up straight. I faced the door from which I came and steeled my nerves.

"That's all for now." I said coldly, and left Chidoku to his fiddling. The betrayal of Ki bit down deeply, and even my mental state was heavily influenced for a bit. I had come to care for this child, and this is what happens?

I laughed bitterly as I once again approached my cell. Serves me right for hoping.

"You're late." Illumi greets me monotonously as I arrive.

"So what if I fucking am?" I challenge him with a beady glint in my eye. Red and slightly puffy, I refused to admit my tears. Silently, they streaked down my face, and even Illumi was slightly taken back as I stepped fully into the lit room.

I threw out my nen, and was satisfied when the door slammed open. Illumi blinked.

"You've changed your security."

I laughed, a bitter and sad sound that echoed in the penthouse. "In this world, trust is the one thing that will get you killed!"

Illumi shrugged - he didn't give a shit. This attitude of his, it pissed me off! I mean, he's been guarding me for a while now, could he at least pretend to be nice?!

I raged internally and threw a scathing glare at Illumi - which was ignored - and put on the visage of Empress.

Pity the one upon whom my wrath would fall upon tonight. Pity!

|::|

We arrived at the elevator, and Illumi slid a special card into an invisible slit inside the walls. A button appeared. It was the Heaven's Battlefield. Located at the very top of the tower, it was its very own floor.

This was the floor where people qualified to fight against floor masters were gathered. It was also a back door used by the rich and powerful to evade the rule of having to defeat 10 opponents beyond the 200th floor.

I scanned the crowd tonight - for some reason, it was particularly bustling with activity. Then, I felt a cold glance headed in my direction. Not many people could sense my presence, I had hid it well - making my nen aura seem weak and non-threatening. However, someone had noticed me - in a way that indicated they had met me before. Otherwise, they shouldn't be paying attention to one of the weaker people in this place.