|4| An Empty Kingdom

A/N: Oops sorry I forgot to update I spent the entire night reading No Game No Life ahaha XD

well, enjoy!

-Third Person POV-

|::|

Zel Heika - known to a select few as the Empress of Heaven's Arena - was not a practically beautiful woman; nor was she charming, but rather blunt to the point of being overly harsh. Her sharp tongue had inflicted as many injuries as her physical prowesses - well, that was an overstatement.

Yet, in the past six years, she has rarely spoke to anyone. That's why he found it strange that she decided to speak to Hisoka. He had been watching her for awhile now, ever since he had received word that his brother had escaped again - to train in Heaven's Arena with that other boy.

Illumi's shoulders relaxed as he saw Zel wander back to her penthouse - she likes to call it her cell - on the 251th floor. The winner of the last three Battle Olympia tournaments, she set a record for being the youngest Grand Master of Heaven's Arena.

Of course, she disapproved of that title immediately, as well as Hera - the company's second attempt at a title. She reluctantly accepted the title of Empress, only because it matched with her last name.

Illumi shook his head; there was no time to worry about the vanity of Zel. His duty was to make sure that she arrived at the exhibition match on time - she was very nearly late the last time, and Milluki got an earful from their father - the shadow owner of Heaven's Arena.

Illumi stopped as Zel turned around in front of her door. "I saw Killua, did Silva send him here again?"

Illumi didn't say anything as he held a report in front of her face.

"Ah yes, good to see you too, oh-silent one." Zel sighed dramatically. "Would it kill you to say something?"

Illumi nodded; Zel rolled her eyes and snatched the file from him. She scanned it briefly and then handed it back.

"Really? Cerberus? Just because it's a large dog doesn't mean you need to give it that title."

Illumi's silence somehow prompted her to continue talking.

"Ah, you're right. I am the Empress. Ha. Empress, of what? An empty kingdom, that's what I have."

She kicked open her door and strode in; Illumi followed swiftly afterward. She tossed her mask towards him - he caught it and replaced it onto one of the many shelves, then stared at her, impatient. He wanted to be keeping an eye on his brother, not this pesky woman who never shuts up.

"Alright, alright... Let's go then." Zel huffed as she slid her swords over her back. "I need to be up early tomorrow."

This piqued Illumi's interest - Zel usually never returned for a second day of matches; what happened today?

Satisfied that she finally got a reaction out of the silent Zoldyck, Zel grinned.  "I think I found the one."

Illumi's mouth twitched.

"I know what you're asking - Oh you did? How interesting - well you can stow your sarcasm and sass away. He's the real deal. He was promoted to the 150th floor right off the bat. You can't say that that's not impressive."

Illumi shrugged. They neared the end of the corridor, and Illumi pressed a button underneath one of the abstract paintings hanged up; a panel of the hallway slid up, and revealed an elevator.

"The pit?" Zel asked, excitement in her voice. "You mean, I can actualy face people tonight?"

Illumi didn't bother responding. He slipped away as the elevator doors opened somewhere deep below Heaven's Arena. This was not his kind of entertainment - however, he could think of someone that'd be interested in this - especially in the Empress.