|24| Ascension of the Magician

A/N: oops this chapter is a bit long, I didn't want to split it up so -w-

*laughs*

hope you like it~

please leave me comments because i love your comments *o*

thank you for everything~!

-Finixx

|::|

|Third Person POV|

9:55 | Outside Hisoka's Room

Zel stood outside the door, not sure whether or not to knock. On the one hand, she did promise him three requests, and while this "talking" wasn't a practically difficult request... Hisoka was simply too dangerous to be around for long periods of time!

He wouldn't actually kill her if she didn't show up, would he? Zel wondered as she paced back and forth. Agitated, she let out a huff of annoyance.

Eerily, the door opened as she made the sound. Hisoka was standing there, an amused expression on his face.

"Just how long were you planning on staying out there? Admit it, I scare you~"

"You don't scare me!" Zel protested. But she refused to say anything further. She didn't want to anger the one man who was helping her out, but then again, this man was crazy, so she wasn't sure what his definition of being annoyed was.

"Alright then." Hisoka said, his voice calm as he moved away from the door and back into his room.

"Are you going to come in, or?"

Zel hesitated.

"I could just stand here, and talk..."

A wicked smirk emerged on Hisoka's face. "Ah, but what will others say when they see you outside my room? Hmm?"

Zel zipped inside the door and slammed it shut. She turned the lock and slammed a piece of paper over the eye-hole.

"Ahahaha~" Hisoka laughed. He moved to the mini-fridge and pulled out a bottle of champagne.

"Aren't you scare that I might attempt something~?"

Zel huffed. "Who do you take me for, Hisoka? A weakling? I'm the Empress, Empress!"

Hisoka blinked, unimpressed. "And?"

Zel sighed, collapsing onto the sofa. She already felt a migraine coming on.

"Never mind then. I just have to be here for an hour, right?"

"And talk with me." Hisoka affirmed with a nod of his head. It was very strange for Zel to see this side of Hisoka. A rare moment of peace. He was leaning back against the wall and was staring with a gentle light while swirling around his drink.

"Right. Okay." Zel said. She blinked, suddenly self-conscious of how she was sprawled across the sofa. Since when did she feel so comfortable around this maniac?

"What do you want to talk about, then?" Zel said; all of the sudden, the air felt stuffy to her and she found it hard to speak. Each word she forced out was choppy and pressured. Hisoka didn't mind, he walked back to his mini fridge.

On top of the fridge was a timer. He set it to 60 minutes, and placed it in front of Zel.

"Would this help you calm down, Zel?"

"I- I am calm!" Zel said, clearly agitated. She wasn't used to speaking with people, after what the world had done to her, she doesn't trust anyone. So, why should she speak to others, if she had no reason to?