|19| Auction Of Love

|First Person POV|

Throughout the night, my heart wouldn't stop beating furiously. I wasn't sure if it was from the kiss Hisoka had given me earlier, the one from Chrollo, or the news that my fucking identity would be exposed today!

I seriously hoped that a meteor would descend and destroy this place. It was truly becoming hell on earth.

Just as I was getting my way for a bit - Hisoka being oddly compliant, Chrollo getting pissed off (which was amazing) and my status of Empress protected (since Chrollo is an idiot) , fate goes and throws me this boomerang.

Fuck! Now no matter what I do, Hisoka will know that I'm the Empress. What to do, what to do? If he finds out, any affection he might have held for Zel would surely disappear, and I would never be able to get out of the Arena because, well, I would die in it!

Hisoka had faced off against Chrollo earlier and standing next to him gave me a better vantage of his strength - and it wasn't any weaker than Chrollos! In fact, both of their nen levels were much, much higher than mine. While I was confident in my ability to win, I am not confident in getting out alive.

Dammit! He really had been hiding his true strength from me this entire time! I glared up at the one I'm slow-dancing with currently, and I met his eyes. They were so unfathomably deep at that moment, and I was unable to keep my focus. Something about being so close, the intoxication of a few drinks, the heat of the dance floor...

I closed my eyes, and was really tempted to just lean towards him. But instead of that, tears leaked out of my eyes. I was so tired, so goddamn tired of it all. That's when I realized with a start - in my haste to check on Ki this morning, I forgot to take my pills.

It was almost midnight, and I knew that there was no way that I could deal with anything if my head was as muddy and foggy as it was right now. So I excused myself, and headed straight for the washroom.

In my haste and limbo-like state, I didn't even notice Chrollo as he trailed behind me. I pushed open the door and immediately took out the pill I always kept on me, in a special built in container on the heel of my shoe. The purple one.

This was an emergency.

Yet I still faltered and hesitated as I brought it closer towards me. I vaguely heard someone scream stop, but it was too late. I tilted my head back and swallowed the pill.

Immediately, my head exploded with pain, and Chrollo flew towards me. His arms enveloped me as I spasmed in pain.

"Why! You stupid girl! Why!" Chrollo sent a wave of nen to seal the door, and immediately killed the few unlucky stragglers in the bathroom.

His voice. It was like before. Why, why is Chrollo so sad? No... I reached a hand out, my fingers tracing the tears as they slid down his face. Don't be sad Chrollo...

"I-I'm sorry..." I muttered out weakly. "I had to, it was an emergency."

"Shh... no, stop talking." Chrollo murmured, carefully stroking my head like I was a mere baby. "It's my fault. It's all my fault. I never should have forced you to keep fighting. I should have listened. I didn't want to leave you, I'm so sorry Zel..." He kept on muttering his apologies while rocking me back and forth, as if by doing so he could delay the pill from traveling down my throat.

But it was useless. The pill, it was for emergencies, so it took effect immediately.

Bright, icy blue flames flooded my veins, replacing my blood. I stood up, suddenly refreshed and awake. My skin absolutely glowed, and I felt power crackling at the tips of my finger tips.