|27| The Mysterious Expert?!

|First Person POV|

My eyes widened as I suddenly stood up. I scrambled to stand in front of the man who had entered the room and with trembling knees, knelt down.

My head slammed into the floor, and my chin quivered.

"Elder brother... Forgive me! I was insolent, and I caused master grief... Forgive me!"

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Wing step past me and direct his attention towards Gon. Scolding the injured boy, he made him promise not to use nen until he was fully healed. He slipped on Gon's finger a very familiar piece of string, then strictly reprimanded Gon once more.

Finally, after an seemingly endless amount of time, I felt his gaze on my back. His sigh was long and tired, and his eyes seemed to bore holes into my back.

"Zel... or should I say, Empress... Rise.If you're seen like this, how could I explain myself?"

Still trembling, I slowly stood up and turned to face him, keeping my eyes glued to the floor.

"Did she call four-eyes elder brother? Zee-nee, what's your relationship with this guy?"

I could not answer Killua's question. I dared not to breathe loudly. I silently awaited Wing's judgment.

"Look at me." His voice was firm and commanding, yet still I hesitated to raise my head.

Shame and guilt kept my head down, but he grasped my chin and jolted my face upwards.

A brief flicker of surprise flashed across his face as the hot tears slipped out of my eyes. Finally, his face visibly softened.

"Master bears you no ill will, Zel. She just hopes that you're happy. Tell me, are you happy now? Are you happy, as the Empress of Heaven's Arena?"

My lower lip quivered without stop, and I once more flung myself onto the ground. My knees smashed into the floor, sinking into it. Tears continued to flow non-stop as I stared at Wing.

"No... No, I'm not."

My silent admission left Wing speechless. Finally, he stroked my head and turned to head out the door.

At the threshold, he stopped and turned around.

"She misses you terribly, you know. All these years, not a single call. And you never said goodbye..." He sighed. "Even though I know you betrayed Master's trust... I'm still your elder brother, Zel. I want to help you. Find me, if you still see me as your elder brother."

He left, and I stayed kneeling until he turned the corner and disappeared. Then, nostalgia swept over me, and once more dark thoughts clouded my mind.

"What was that?" Killua asked, suspiciously squatting down besides me.

I wiped my tears.

"That... Hmm. A story for another time, Kil. Since Gon's been treated, I have to attend to some matters."

I nodded to Gon and Ki, then left the room. As I turned the corner, I became aware of Killua's presence behind me.

"Killua, I told you I'll tell you another time. What are you following me for?" I asked without turning around.

The white-haired boy walked alongside me.

"I told them I needed to buy some more candy before we gossip about you. Anyways, I wanted to talk to you about Ki. She's not what she seems to be. I can sense my father's aura on her."

"Ah." I nodded slightly. "I know already, so don't worry. I'll take care of it."

"Please do." Killua said, his voice suddenly curt. "I fear that she was sent to eliminate Gon. He's my best friend, I would die for him."