|23| Legend of the Blood Fiend Rat

|First Person POV|

I sighed after Gon and Killua were forced to back down by Hisoka's aura. It couldn't be helped, they were still inexperienced with nen after all. However, true to my expectations, Ki faltered for a second before she let herself get oppressed.

I've never been more confused. For what reason is she doing this? Disguising herself as a weak girl, when in reality she could probably match up to one of the lower-tiered floor masters?

Just who sent her here to hide so deeply? What bothered me the most was that after Chrollo had left, Ki had seemingly left me alone, even though she was full of affection for me.These days, she never bothered to hang out with me anymore. Instead, all of her time and attention was spent with Killua and Gon.

If I didn't learn from Chidoku that she had hidden her real name from me, I might have simply assumed that she went all doki doki and was crushing on one of the two boys, but I had an ominous feeling that her reason for sticking around them was far more sinister.

For some reason, her eyes turned cold when she glared at Hisoka as she left. I was bewildered. She was the one that was fangirling over him, so why the glare?

I shook my head, telling myself that I'd think about this later. I approached Hisoka with my arms crossed in front of my chest, determined to get him started on mission freedom right this instant.

"The first match is tomorrow." He said as soon as I approached.

I stopped mid-step, blinking in surprise.

He shot me a cocky grin. "What, did you think I forgot about you?"

I blinked again. Speechless. In fact, that was exactly what I had assumed. Since that evening when he had promised to help, I had seen him do nothing but lounge around, staring from my screens as Gon and Killua fought their way up. (Yes, he had taken over my penthouse suite, but only in the daytime since I would rather die than let him spend a night in there. I had to set some boundaries, after all.)

"I got Illumi to take care of it the day he arrived. You were too busy saying goodbye to the useless one, I presume."

I pouted. "Milli-chan isn't useless! He's super skilled with computers and ... other stuff!"

Hisoka's eyes lit up with a cold glint. "But, he's not the best, is he?"

My pulsed raced. Did Hisoka know...? About Chidoku? He shouldn't! I've kept the former grandmaster a very well kept secret. Not even Silva knew about his continued existence in the tower.

"Aha." I laughed nervously. "In this world, there'll always be someone better than you, right?"

Hisoka gave me an amused expression, but didn't press the matter any further. I let out a sigh of relief. After all, Chidoku was my back-up plan. With his genius, he would probably be able to hide me off the grid from the Zoldycks. However, I wasn't 100% confident in him, which was why I had held off until now.

Hisoka's form flickered and he seemingly vanished, only to appear behind me and cover my eyes with a card.

"Alright then... tomorrow, my room. 10:00 at night... Be there, Zel."

I let out another nervous laugh.

"Or else what?"

Hisoka sighed, his breath hot against my ear.

"Or else, I might have to kill you." He murmured quietly with a soft voice, as if it would be a great shame. I shuddered, but he was long gone.

I silently let out a scream. Just how long would I be able to put up with this man before I actually go insane?