|17| Masked Villian

A/N: so instead of a banner can we have a double update instead? Ya? Ok great!

I'll make the banners some other time ^o^

|First Person POV|

My eyes narrowed as Ki continued to prattle on about how cute a couple she thought me and Hisoka would make. Was she just being a normal adolescent fan girl, or was it something far more sinister? Was it all just a ploy for me to lower my guard? I wonder, where would she stab me?

I shook my head, trying to rid myself of this horrible paranoia. But betrayal is a scar that never quite recovers, and Chidoku's words kept ringing in my mind.

"... and I think that although he's like super creepy and scary, he really just needs someone to crack his exterior and Zel-nee? Earth to Zel-nee?" Ki waved her hand in front of my face.

I swear I saw someone fling a dagger towards my face, and I was so startled that I fell out of my chair.

Then I saw that there was no dagger, only three children and a small rat that were looking at me with worried expressions.

"Are you okay, Zel?" Killua asked, his eyes showing concern. "You seem really out of it."

"Yeah, you weren't listening the entire time Ki planned out your wedding." Gon added in. He seemed to have taken a liking to Ki, since they seemed to share the same amount of intellect. Oh Gon, if only you knew...

I shook my head and forced a smile on my face. "It's nothing, I probably just need some sleep. I've been staying up because uh - I've been thinking about him and all, you know?" I laughed nervously. I couldn't very well tell them that I was busy slaughtering, so I might as well just go with her delusion that Hisoka and I would end up together. This might throw her off track anyways.

"You should get some sleep, Zel-nee." Ki said, her eyes and mouth both extremely delicate and cute, she gave me a pouting expression. I nodded, and slowly backed away from her. It was far too dangerous to trust cute girls. Cute girls and beautiful women... they could never be trusted. Handsome men and adorable boys as well - appearances were far too deceiving. It was the heart that I needed to know. Beautiful facades hid the most dreadful souls.

I left them to more pleasant chattering, and went up to the penthouse. I entered the door and removed my mask. Walking as if I was dazed, I ended up in front of my mirror.

My eyes were a dark violet-red, and extremely blood-shot. My skin was dry and there was still blood on it from last night. My hair as well, bloodied, disheveled, and in dire need of a deep conditioning. I quickly threw off my clothes and stepped into a warm shower. All the while, I'm wondering - what the hell was Hisoka thinking, asking a mess like me out?

|::|

That afternoon.

I was in the middle of a rather pleasant dream - you know, the one where you're being dangled from the hands of a giant that's about to devour you whole - when the door bell rang.

My eyes blinked open, and I quickly looked at the clock.

It was 4:30pm. Way too early for Hisoka to come by and check on me. I groaned and went back to bed, planning to ignore whomever it was for a while longer.

Then, the bell rang again and I screamed.

Well, the good news was, after my banshee like screech, the ringing stopped. However, the bad news was that... I think... dreadfully... I woke up.

"Who the fuck is it?" I yelled as I controlled the nen-lock, opening it.

Outside, stood a shivering Zoldyck. The plump one. There was a slight stain on his groin. I snarled, annoyed.