Ch.7-Blood

Mika shuts his eyes, panting as wave after wave of anguish crushes his body

Mika shuts his eyes, panting as wave after wave of anguish crushes his body. Tears stream freely down his cheeks, but they are nothing, just liquid, incapable of expressing even a fraction of what he feels. He should be bleeding, not blood from his body, but blood from his very soul. Useless tears and blood cannot show his emotion. He's drowning, suffocating, and being torn apart all at once.
He is only dimly aware of what is happening around him, but his focus is sharpened when he sees the queen, the vampire queen, bending down towards him.
A trickle of blood rolls down her chin.
"You cannot survive this as a mortal."
Her voice is muffled, like hearing a voice on the surface from the bottom of the ocean, but Mika understands.
He twists his head back.
"Just... Kill me...Let me die...."
The queen seems angered by this, and puts one hand behind his head.
"Drink." She says, ordering now.
"I... Can't live in this world... It's... Too cold...Without..."
The anguish leaves red-hot lines of pain all over Mika's body.
Taichi...
Ako....
Chihiro...
Fumie...
Kouta...
Akane....
The vampire queen lowers her lips to Mika's.
Mika squirms, but he is too weak.
Coppery blood floods Mika's mouth, and more worthless, glittering tears fall from his eyes.

-----

You try your hardest, but you just can't seem to get to sleep.
You feel horrible, your stomach twisting into knots, and you sigh and climb out of the bed.
You pad to the small bathroom, barefooted and wearing a long shirt and shorts, then turn on the light and look at yourself in the mirror.
There are dark purple marks under your eyes, and you look ten years older-
And not in the good way.
You splash some water on your cheeks and brush your hair from your eyes.
Then you lean on the sink and bite your lip.

Mika...

You shake your head and shut off the light.

He has to be okay. All of them have to be. By now they're probably safe and sound asleep in an abandoned building far from this place...

You step towards the bedroom again, but stop.

There is a knock on the door.

You rush past the beds and fling open the door.

It's- the queen?!- looking tired and distressed, and in her arms is-

Oh...

God....

Mika.....

All you see is blood.