23. hospitals

FLASHBACK

Luke paced around the waiting room nervously. Corrine had been admitted to the hospital two hours ago with damage to her neck and had a possible concussion. This made Luke nervous and angry all at once. He was angry that Amelia would do such a thing, and we was nervous, because he wanted Corrine to be okay. Only family members were allowed in the room, so Calum, Ashton, Michael, Mali, Luke, and a very upset Lauren sat in the waiting room.

Owen appeared then, Causing Lauren to stand on her feet. "Is she okay?" she asked him. Luke turned to him for answers.

"She's okay. Just a little shaken up." he replied. Everyone sighed.

"Can I see her?" Luke asked. Owen sighed.

"That's the thing. Amelia said something about you, and she's hesitant to see you." Luke gulped.

"Please Owen. Please."

"Okay. Come on."

END OF FLASHBACK

Corrine leaned her head back on the pillow. She hated hospitals. The smell, the sounds the machines make, all of it. Especially doctors, and she became easily frustrated when the didn't tell her everything that was going on. She had a pounding headache, and her throat was still sore.

Her parents just left for the cafeteria to grab something to eat. She was alone again, and she didn't like that. It left her alone with her thoughts, and while she didn't want to think about it, her mind kept drifting her conversation with Amelia about Luke. Was it true? The things she said about him. She knew Luke had dated other girls before, and that they never lasted, but would she end up like all those other girls; heartbroken and pset? She didn't have much time to think about it because Owen appeared in the doorway, and with him, Luke. All negative thoughts, thought, vanished when she caught sight of him. Owen left the two alone. When he was gone, Luke instantly ran over to her, and pulled her into a tight hug. Corrine wrapped her arms around him, and buried her face in his neck. "You're okay." he whispered. "You're okay." Corrine nodded, wrapping her arms around him tighter.

"I'm okay." she said, although, she was saying it more to convince herself. Luke sighed, and leaned back slightly to look at her. His eyes were red and puffy. "Have you been crying?" Corrine teased him. Luke smiled, laughing lightly.

"Maybe." he said. He gently kissed her cheek before hugging her again. "Please don't ever scare me like that again." he said.

"I promise." she said. Still embraced in a hug, Corrine sighed, and rested her head against his shoulder while he rubbed her back. But as silence loomed over them, her thoughts went back to that conversation, and before she knew it, Corrine found herself crying into Luke's shoulder.

"Corrine?" he said. "Hey, what's wrong?" he asked, lifted her head to look at her. She wiped her eyes with one hand.

"Nothing." she said, trying to stop her tears.

"It's not nothing." Luke said. He shifted on the bed so that he could face her better. "You wouldn't be crying if it was nothing. What's wrong?"

"It's something Amelia said to me . . . when we were in the hall . . ." Corrine said, trailing off. Luke frowned.

"What did she say?"

"She's still in love with you." Corrine said. Luke scoffed.

"I don't love her. Not after what she did to me." he said. "Was that it?" Luke asked. Corrine shook her head.

"No. She also said you'd never love me." Corrine said, her voice dropping to a whisper.

"What?" Luke said.