Chapter 29

CHAPTER 29
K POV:

Things for me got surprisingly better after a few more days. I had to vamp out for a few people in Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff and answer basically the same questions I did for my own house but the fear was manageable. I saw Professor Moody walking my way as I thought about this and was not prepared for when he stopped in front of me and George eating breakfast.

"Harrison, I need a favor."

"Yes, Professor Moody."

"I'm doing lectures on vampires for all my classes and was hoping you could come in and explain how half-vamps are different. Would you be willing to miss today's classes and just sit in all of mine?"

"I would have to ask my other Professors."

"Got that all covered all ready."

"Oh, well then yeah sure. When's your first class?"

"Ten minutes. See you there."

I watch as he walks back out of the Great Hall and I turn to see George looking at me with a mixture of amusement and pride. I realize that I have five minutes to finish breakfast and head up to the defense classroom. I quickly eat the rest of my food, kiss George on the cheek, and rush out of the hall with him yelling 'good luck teacher's pet' on the way out. Oooo I'll get him for that later. I walk into the classroom, just as Harry's class walks in.

I smile at the trio, and have never been so happy to see them. Thank goodness they're the first class. They've basically already heard about me. Moody walks in and everyone gets quiet and looks at him as he walks up and rights half-vamps on one of the board and vampires on the other side.

"I assume everyone here already knows of Ms. Harrison. She is of course a half-vamp and I thought she could help us determine the differences between half-vamps and full vampires. If you would..."

He makes a motion with his hand toward me and I release the restraints and hear some of the Slytherins gasp as I open my eyes. One black haired girl from Slytherin in the back even screams out 'blood drinking monster' as I do. I just roll my eyes but Moody takes ten points for her outburst. I smirk a bit and see the trio do the same. Moody asks what the obvious differences between half-vamps and vamps are.

Hermione, and the rest of the Gryffindors raise their hands. The list is soon completed, but Moody adds one more to the list. One that I don't usually say because I don't find it very important to others. Myself, yes, others no. He adds to the vamp list, cannot be harmed physically by pain spells. He looks at me and asks if I can. I don't answer at first, but after I get over my surprise I tell him that I can it's just lessened considerably, compared to humans.

"Would you mind if we try something to test that?"

"What do you have in mind Professor?"

"The second curse I showed your class on the first day of class."

I freeze for a moment and realize he's talking about the Cruciatus curse. The torture curse. I was tortured with that once before during a Looters attack, but was in human form and it still hurt. I've always wondered if it would hurt in the vamp form. I look back up at his eye, with the magical eye watching the rest of the class. I nod back at him and his lips twitch a bit before he nods in return and looks at me.

"I need a stop word if it gets too much."

"Lion."

"Lion?"

"Yes."

"Alright lion it is if it gets too much."

He turns back around and moves the first two rows back and then walks to the side of the room. I walk to the opposite side. I see Neville's face white as a sheet as he looks at me, already having an idea of what is about to happen. I mouth 'look away' as I pass. He gives a short nod before moving back a few rows and staring at the floor. I found out a few weeks after my first class with Moody what happened to Neville and his parents. He shouldn't have to watch this. The trio is giving me weird looks as I turn and face Moody, he looks out toward the class before we begin.