Chapter Two

I stared in both disbelief and horror at Michonne's now lifeless and mutilated body, which was sprawled out on the ground in a way that was painful to think about. I blinked away tears, reminding myself that now was not the time to mourn....we weren't out of the water yet. After a long moment of insufferable silence, Rick spoke out. "I'm going to kill you." he growled softly, and Negan hunched over, holding his hand up to his ear. "I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch that. Speak up." he demanded, obviously getting a kick out of the situation. "Not today, not tomorrow...but I will kill you." Rick repeated, putting emphasis on the 'will', and Negan stood back up with a huge grin plastered across his face. "No, you wont. Your best fucking chance is right now. Stand up and put a knife in my throat, drive an axe into my face." Negan held his arms out in a welcoming manner, "Go ahead...as soon as my body hits the floor my Saviors will fucking fuck you people up until your insides are outside--worse than the beauty with the dreadlocks for sure." Negan hunched down once more, reaching out to roughly clutch Rick's chin.
"In fact, you want to keep acting tough, like I still need to break you...and I'll have a few of my boys run a train on your boy. Got at least a few here that'd be into that sort of thing. Want to test me?" We stayed there in silence, and I could see Carl from where I was knelt down, his face pale with terror. When Rick refused to answer Negan punched him hard on the jaw, knocking him over. "Well? Do you?" he growled out, and he quickly composed himself before continuing. "I know this is hard for you. You've been the king for so damn long. Bossing people around...being "in charge" so long you're probably addicted to it. Hell, you probably thought you had this world figured out. Managing the dead, gathering supplies...might have even been a long time since the last person died before we came along. Working together...." he rambled on, and Rick watched him with an anger in his eyes.
"That's all over. Done. Gone...dead. it's time for something new." Negan stated. "Everything has changed, Rick. You're entering into a whole new world. It didn't have to be such a painful birth--you made it that way." Once he finished his speech, he looked in my direction, his eyes holding both lust and intrigue. With a smirk, Negan turned on his heels and started to head towards the RV. "You answer to me. You provide for me. You belong to me." he announced without looking back. "We'll come for your first offering in one week. Until then....ta ta." And then the door to the RV slammed shut, and the vehicle soon sped off into the darkness, followed by the rest of his men.