Chapter Three

Everyone watched as Rick moved closer to Michonne, tears in his eyes as he placed a shaky hand on her back. No one noticed that Carl had gotten up, and was making his way over to his father. "You fucking coward!" Carl growled out loudly, punching Rick, which in turn had Rick falling back. I shuffled to my feet quickly, preparing myself to step in if necessary. "You let this happen! You let them kill her! She cared for you, goddammit! She was my-" Carl cried out, his voice cracking near the end as Rick reached out to comfort him, "Carl-" Another punch was a thrown as Carl began to sob, something I had yet to witness from this otherwise strong boy. "You might as well have killed her yourself!" Carl continued as he threw one punch right after the other, and after a few seconds passed he stopped.
Rick wiped the blood from his face, looking up at Carl. "Why did you...stop?" he asked him softly, and Carl just walked away from him towards me, and I pulled him into an embrace. Everyone was silent, not knowing what more could be said or done, and most certainly not ready to accept that Michonne was gone. "We should go...Maggie still needs a doctor." Abraham stated softly, interrupting the brooding silence, and Rick pushed himself off the ground. "You....you take her to Hilltop, with Sasha and Glenn. The rest of us will take the body back to Alexandria" he planned out our next move fluently, as if what went on between him and Carl just moments before never happened. I had to give him points for taking control....I'd never be able to do that. Abraham nodded, and the three of them helped Maggie onto the makeshift cot before quickly leaving, wasting no time.
I peeled myself away from Carl and stepped closer to the body, looking at Rick. "We need something to wrap her in." He nodded quickly, and Daryl stumbled forward, holding the blanket that he'd been using out for us to take. I gave him a warm smile before getting to work. I knelt down, laying the blanket next to Michonne before rolling her body onto it. I gagged as I looked at my now blood covered hands, finding it different than if it were just a Walker....she was my friend. We managed to get her situated, and it took most of us to carry her back.