Chapter Eighteen

I heard the bedroom door open and close as I fixed my hair in the bathroom mirror, brushing out the tangles before it had a chance to fully dry. A few seconds passed before I heard a soft chuckle. "I thought you managed to run off." Negan commented, and I looked into the reflection to find him leaning against the doorframe, his arm dangling above his head. I sighed softly, focusing once again on my hair. "I needed to shower; was starting to look rough, and since you were busy...elsewhere...I took advantage of it." I replied, careful with my words as I rubbed my face, wiping the sleep from my eyes.
I could see him in the reflection as I spoke, and his expression seemed to change slightly, going from neutral to borderline guilt. I decided to push the subject, wanting to see what he'd do. "So, where did you go?" I asked him softly, and he cleared his throat, rubbing the back of his head. "Just talked to my men. It's about time to collect supplies from your group." he stated, and I knew he was lying when I spotted the light hickey under his ear. "Is that so?" I continued with a deep sigh, turning around to face him. He looked at me, seemingly unaware that I knew the truth as he nodded. "So what's that?"
I questioned as I pointed towards the mark, and he frowned before looking at his reflection, his eyes sparking with realization. "Fuck," he groaned in frustration. "I keep telling them not to leave marks." I scoffed in disbelief, not understanding the slight pang of jealousy I felt. How could I be jealous of a whore, of him screwing someone else? I didn't have feelings for him...maybe...no. I couldn't. "You know what? I don't care." I stated, holding my hand out in a dismissive manner.
He watched as I gathered my clothes off the ground, and I didn't give him a second glance as I pushed passed him, stepping into the bedroom. He sighed, obviously frustrated with the situation, but I could tell he was holding in his anger. It was probably for the best. I bent down to pull up my jeans, wiggling into them as I stood straight, and as I did so I felt a pair of arms wrap around my middle. He pulled me back against his chest, and I could feel his warm breath on the back of my neck. "I thought of you the whole time." he whispered into my ear before heading back into the bathroom, closing the door behind him.

Author's Note: don't stop with the feedback! :) please vote!!