Chapter Thirteen

I looked around the room, hoping to find something to keep me entertained until Negan returned. I shuffled through the books he had placed neatly on a shelf, and after a few moments my attention was drawn to a piece of paper folded up between two of the books to my right. Curious, I pulled it out, slowly opening it to find it was a handwritten note.
'Negan, we've been fighting recently, and I am aware there's not much time left. Also...I know about her, and though I'm saddened that you would stoop so low, I forgive you. I still love you, and wish we could finish with a bang...if you'd let us. -Your Love'
I frowned as I reread the letter once, and then a second time, unable to believe what it said. I quickly returned the note back to where I found it, not wanting Negan to suspect anything. Taking a deep breath I opened the door, stepping out into the dim hallway.
I could hear female laughter, though it sounded forced. I kept walking until I entered the large room I'd discovered upon arrival, and I could feel my stomach turn as I turned towards the sounds. Negan sat there, pants down, with a blonde woman straddling his lap. His hands moved up her thighs as she bounced, letting out moans that could only be fake, and the look in his eyes held nothing but lust. His eyes flickered to me, and guilt suddenly washed over his face at the realization it was me, but I didn't stay long enough to know if it was genuine.