Chapter Twenty- two

I stayed silent as both the inside gate and the barred gate opened up, Abraham pausing momentarily when he caught sight of me, his expression softening as I gave him a weak smile. He stepped aside as Negan walked into Alexandria, and I quickly followed as Abe closed the gate behind me. "Where's Rick? I'd love to say 'hi'," Negan asked as he looked around, and my gaze turned to Daryl who approached us from our left. He eyed me as he moved closer, something strange in the way he looked at me. "He's coming," he replied to his question, and the feeling that something was going to happen continued to warp my mind as Negan twirled Lucille in his hand while we waited. I turned my head as I heard footsteps approaching, finding Rick walking up with both Glenn and Maggie tagging along behind, their expressions glum. "There he is! Ricky boy," Negan cheered as they stopped in front of us, Rick glancing at me briefly. "What's this about?" he questioned, and Negan chuckled softly as he wrapped an arm over my shoulders. "I just thought...that maybe you'd like a reunion." he stated, patting my shoulder roughly as he grinned, something in his voice telling me that wasn't the case. He pushed me towards Rick, a little harsher than needed, looking at the small group now surrounding us. "Oh, and also...." he stuck his index finger out, pointing towards the sky as he scratched at his scruff. "I heard from one of my guys, that some of your people were trying to sneak their way into my hideout." I looked at my group, eyes wide as I took in their guilty, fearful expressions, trying to pinpoint who it was. "Rick...." I mumbled softly as one of Negan's supply trucks pulled up outside, a few men climbing out and moving to the back. "We had to take them into custody, that's just how it works Rick. But not to worry....we brought them back for you. I'm just that nice of a guy," he stated with a wide smile as two people were pulled out of the truck, both donning dirty straight jackets and buckets on their heads. I tried to figure out who they were as they were pushed forward, and the two began to stumble through the gate towards us. "Go ahead Rick, go get them." Negan encouraged, and Rick quickly walked to them, reaching up to pull the bucket off the first one to reveal Carl who hugged Rick quickly. I relaxed with a shaky breath as he pulled away from him moving to the next. He quickly removed the second bucket, and my smile faded as the person attacked him instantly. Rick struggled to fight it off as Negan chuckled loudly, and finally Rick managed to grab hold of his knife, plunging it into the walker's skull. It fell to the ground with a thud, and my stomach turned as I took in Rosita's now mangled face. "You see Rick, this is how it fucking works! You do what I say, and you get rewarded. Pull shit like this and...well, you see where you'll end up with that." My body shook with sadness and pain as Negan came up to me, looking at Abraham. "Enjoy your gift. And you," he looked back at me with a menacing glare, "Get in the RV."

Author's Note: let me know what you think in the comments please! I can't update without knowing where it stands