Chapter Six

"You don't have to do this," Rick stated in a hushed whisper as we hugged, and I nodded before pulling back. "I know, but it's like you said. If this is what I need to do to keep everyone alive, then I'm going to do it." I stated, using his words from the day before. He gave me a grim look, letting out a soft sigh. "Be careful." I forced out a smile. "Always am, Rick...I always am." Someone cleared their throat behind me, and I turned to find Maggie. "Maggie, you should be in bed...after the baby-" She held her hand up quickly, "I'm fine. Besides, I wanted to see you." I gave her a warm smile before pulling her into a hug. "Okay, enough with all the fucking mushy stuff. It's time to go," Negan groaned out impatiently, and after saying goodbye I stepped into the RV.
He followed me inside, shutting the door behind him as I took a seat in the the middle section. He talked to his men up front for a moment before coming to join me. I looked up at him crossing my arms, hoping that I wouldn't be forced to interact with him more than necessary. "So what's your name, sweetheart?" he asked with a cocky smile, and I looked away. "Addy."
He chuckled, "You're not much of a talker, are you?" I turned to face him, throwing him a quick glare. "Oh, bite me." I snapped harshly, which only seemed to fuel his ego. "Feisty...I like that. But trust me," he reached out to hold my face with one hand as he leaned in, our lips almost touching, "if I were biting you right now, you wouldn't be complaining....in fact, the only sounds coming out of your fucking mouth would be moans of pleasure." I gulped as I held his gaze, and he chuckled once more before patting my cheek. "Alright, let's move out." he called up to his men, and I looked down at my hands as the RV jerked to a start. "So how's your friend doing, the one you were trying to get to Hilltop?" Negan asked, and by his tone he almost sounded genuinely curious. I looked up at him, "She lost it...the baby. Didn't get there fast enough on foot." I stated bitterly and he looked away, muttering something along the lines of 'what a shame', and we spent the rest of the trip in silence.