headache

"Salamat, Love..." Maine said as she leaned on Rj who was standing behind her, massaging her head. She had arrived at the studios feeling a bit under the weather and with a headache. One of the staff mentioned that Maine arrived coughing. This caused Rj more concern.

They went through the show with Maine trying her best to look "well" in front of the audience and fans. In their world, "the show must go on" is a motto everyone strictly adheres to. But behind the scenes, she was just trying to hold it together. As soon as they went backstage after the final shots, she held on tightly to Rj as they made their way to the green room.

"Kaya mo pa ba?" Rj asked as he assisted her to sit on the couch.

With eyes closed, she just nodded. As soon as she sat, her tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Bakit, Love?" Rj asked as he sat beside her and embraced her. She leaned on him, resting her head on his shoulder. All of a sudden, she bolted up and ran for the toilet where she vomited. Rj rushed to her, holding her hair and stroking her back. When she was done, he assisted her back to the couch.

He could feel her warm skin. He motioned to Mama Ten who was standing nearby. She approached with his jacket which Rj quickly got and draped over Maine.

"Ma, bili naman kayo please ng lugaw....and ng paracetamol na rin please...." Mama Ten nodded and left the room.

"...Love..." Maine said in a very quiet voice that Rj could barely hear.

"....." he looked down when he felt Maine's hand move on his chest. He kissed the top of her head.

"....Love.....malamig....."Maine said as Rj put his hand over her hand on his chest, which was quite cold to touch. He could also now sense that she was shivering a little.

He asked for his bag from Oreo who happened to pass by. He pulled out another jacket and some other clothes. He also asked for a blanket. He had her wear his thicker jacket and pulled up the hood on her, then, cuddling her some more, he draped the blanket over her for more heat.

Mama Ten returned with the hot porridge and medicines.

"Love...kain ka muna kahit konti....please" Rj gently said to wake Maine up. She had fallen asleep in his arms.

"...."

"Sige na, Love...please....para mainitan yang sikmura mo....tapos drink ka na rin ng medicine...."

Rj insisted on feeding her, "Ako na..." he said. She ate about 5 spoonfuls before shaking her head, "no". He gave her some medicines and water then let her lay her head on his lap while he sat on the couch.

He continued massaging her head and scalp until she was fast asleep. In about 30 minutes, Rj noticed beads of sweat on Maine's forehead and neck. He asked for a small towel to wipe her sweat away and then reached under her polo to wipe the sweat from her back as well. He even left the towel on her back.

Maine opened her eyes a little and smiled her thanks to him. He bent down and kissed her nose. "Love, may pupuntahan lang ako....babalik ako...." Rj said as he stood up from the couch and positioned Maine's head on a pillow that was offered by Oreo. Rj tucked Maine back in and left word with the staff to inform him as soon as possible if Maine felt worse or complained or just to let him know how she was.

Rj returned after a couple of hours and found Maine sitting on the couch still with his jacket on but now in just a t-shirt. She had a fever patch across her forehead. He immediately approached her as soon as he saw her.

"How do you feel?"

"Much better....thanks...."

"Nagsuka pa yan...." Oreo shared.

"....ulit?....." Rj's eyebrows furrowed.

"Diba I fell asleep kanina...then when I woke up, sobrang sakit ng ulo ko so yun....but I feel so much better now...." Maine tried to assure him.

Rj hugged her, "....that's what's more important...."

"Medyo mainit ka pa rin..." Rj said as he put his hand on her neck and cheek, and looked at her eyes. "...and yung eyes mo, lumuluha..."

"...but I feel better....promise" Maine insisted.

"....okay, Bibi ko....basta let me know....let us know if di mo kaya...please..." Rj begged because he knew how stubborn Maine could be, pushing herself to the limit most of the time.