kalikot

Rj was restless. He had been tossing and turning on the couch for a while. He was definitely tired and sleepy judging by how his shoulders slumped when he was seated and how his eyelids were threatening to automatically shut. He was told to take command of the couch so he could nap and everyone was ordered out of the room.

Maine entered the room quietly, thinking that Rj was asleep. She went to the side where their bags were to look for her power bank. She was trying to be as quiet as possible. Maine had her back to Rj when she heard loud huffing and sounds of frustration. She turned and saw him tossing and turning with his eyes closed. She thought that maybe he was just finding the right position so she turned away again and continued searching her bag.

Just as she was about to turn and head out of the room, Rj once again tossed and turned. Instead of going out, she sat on the couch by his head. She lifted his head and laid it on her lap. She gently stroked his hair and scalp, slowly massaging his head.

Rj opened his eyes a bit and smiled at Maine. She bent down and kissed him on the cheek.

"Sige na...rest first...." she said as she continued stroking his head. This was the first time Rj experienced something like this and he was thoroughly relaxed and asleep in no time. When Maine felt that Rj was in deep slumber, she stopped massaging his head and just laid her hand on his chest, slowly patting it, rhythmically like when a mom puts her baby to sleep.

After a long while, Maine had to leave Rj for a while so she gently positioned his head on a pillow and left. Rj woke up an hour later, thoroughly refreshed. He found Maine outside the room with some of their teams and slipped his arm around her waist. He kissed her temple and said, "thank you."

"Para saan?"

"Ang sarap ng tulog ko....I haven't slept like that for a while...."

"Eh ang likot-likot mo kasi kanina...."

"Di ako mapakali.....naiinis akong inaantok pero di ako makatulog...."

"Hmmm..."

Many nights later, while in bed. Maine was cuddled against Rj's side, her head on his chest and leg wrapped over his. She slowly reached up to his ear and started fiddling with his earlobe. He twitched a little because he's really ticklish by the neck area so she repositioned her arm a little bit. He relaxed while she continued to fiddle and play with his ear. Rj remembered how Baste liked doing this especially when he was drinking his milk, slowly falling asleep. Maine continued playing with his ear while he gently patted her arm.

Soon, they were both asleep.