Chapter 3 (Edited)

1 month later........

I grabbed my stuff for social studies and booked it as fast as I could to class. I was so behind today, I had barely made it to any of my classes so far.

It was like I was on a different clock than everyone else and that time was running faster than it's supposed to today.

I ran into the classroom just as the bell rang, echoing around the room and signaling the beginning of class. I let out a sigh of relief. I went to walk back to my seat when I realized they were in groups.

"Shit." I cursed under my breath. I completely forgot. It totally slipped my mind since I'm messed up today.

Today we were working on Polis in Athens. We were being out into groups for the men to govern. The girls had to do whatever the man said and play behind the scenes.

The worst part. . . Louis was in my class. He looked over and sent me his not so famous smirk. I really do hate Him with all my heart.

I rolled my eyes at him before I sulked over to my polis, or city state, and sat down at one of the desks across from my friend and only girl in m group.

Luckily I had Victoria in my group. If I didn't I think I would've gone crazy like that, I would've lost my mind very quickly.

She smiled at me and gave my a small wave. "Hi." she whispered.

'Hi.' I mouthed back as I returned her small wave.

She leaned forward over the table. "They already decided the rules that we have to follow." She dramatically rolled her eyes.

"Like what?" I whispered. Trying to keep my voice quiet so that we wouldn't  overheard by the boys in our group that were at the moment gathered in another polis.

"Everyone please take your seats class has started." Mrs.Martinelli said as she briskly walked into the room. The boys in our group came over and sat back down in their seats. Ethan sat down next to me in my right. Dave was next to Victoria on her left and Joey sat at the end.

Her short reddish brown hair was styled perfectly just as always and her brown square rimmed glasses were perched back on her nose so they were right in front of her dark brown, hazel eyes

A ginormous stack of paper was in her hand and pressed tightly against her chest so they wouldn't fall. She walked over to the desk, all eyes followed her, confused.

She unrolled four longs sheets of poster paper, one for each polis. everyone groaned some even put there heads on the desks. Great.

I sighed and tapped my fingers on the desk. Dave, Ethan and Joey were all at the other desks in our "polis" and were all being weird as usual. Dave was doodling on his hand, Joey was erasing pencil marks off the desk and Ethan was staring at the wall.

Me and Victoria looked over at one another and just rolled our eyes. They were such weirdos.

"Ok class I'll be giving the boys these sheets. Come up with a name for your polis and laws. remember you have to write it and I approve. Girls remember you're uneducated so you can't write or read. Girls you will be making bracelets."

I sighed mad cross my arms as I leaned back in my chair. Now I'm super happy I'm in modern times and America. I hate this activity.

She came around and handed the boys paper and markers. Than she came back around and handed the girls thread.

We were supposed to make bracelets. I looked at her wide eyed. "How do we do this?" I whispered.

She shrugged. Great we were both completely lost in this situation.