Chapter 38

Jessicas POV

The beach was crowded with people. It was like someone had said there was free food all day. By the water people were just about on top of one another they were so close. As you backed up the beach it thinned out more and more and only the back of the beach was really clear of people.

This is ridiculous.

"Why don't we try another beach?" I suggested, even though it had sounded more as if I had asked.

How do this many people and the number of cars in the parking lot even make sense. The numbers were so greatly different.

Did they park somewhere else and walk?

I don't know and I don't think I'll ever know. All I know is that to me this makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Great, now schools has me trying to solve real life problems and equations. I blame my eighth grade math teacher. he always encouraged learning and using math whenever you could.

He always dared us when it got nice out to go into an ice cream place and ask if they have the volume of an ice cream cup or cone and if not if they had the measurements so we could decide which is the better buy.

Yeah. He was weird, but I learned a lot in that class and I defiantly had a lot of fun. He seemed cold to others but he really did have a sense of humor, even though it was dry, and he always made fun of students, especially the annoying ones so that was a definite plus.

Those were some good years. I loved middle school.

But now I'm happy I'm done with school for now. Now I can go into college and actually enjoy myself, have fun, play soccer, and have the time of my life, as everyone says college is supposed to be.

"No were fine here. Don't worry well find a spot." Louis sad calmly as his eyes scanned around the beach.

I only sighed and shook my head. I really his wanted to go back to the car and look for another beach. He probably didn't want to leave though because he'd have to pay for parking when we left, even though we just got here.

He squeezed my hand and I looked up at him to meet his eyes. "Don't worry about it." he said.

He probably didn't even know what I was wondering or thinking but he knew something was wrong. I smiled, immediately the tension disappeared as I squeezed his hand back.

I don't know how or why but I feel calmer when he's around. Well usually. Sometimes he just purposely pissed me off. I laughed on the inside.

I also knew that when he said he'd find a spot he would defiantly find one. Or he'd make one if it was necessary. It was an unspoken promise

"Don't worry about me." I whispered quietly.

His serious face broke into a toothy grin, a beautiful smile that I adored every day. he leaned down and put his lips near my ear again.

Don't tell me this is going to become a habit of his.

"It's my job to worry about you Jess. If I don't than someone will steal you from me." he whispered quietly. When he pulled away his face was serious again. The smile gone.

"I would never leave you." I whispered back. I let go of his hand for a moment and stood on my toes and wrapped my arms around his neck and nuzzled my face into his shoulder.

He wrapped his left hand around my waist and held me there, setting his head down on my shoulder.

Is he really scared that I would leave him? He knows I wouldn't. But does he like me that much that he sometimes gets worried about him being left alone when I'm happy with someone else?