Chapter 21

Jessicas POV

The rest of the week I avoided Louis as much as possible and succeeded, I drove myself to school every day and left before Louis could come to get me, I ignored his texts and calls and just pretended like it was an unknown number calling me.

I was still trying to figure out how to deal with him, I still couldn't get over what he had said Monday night. The only thing that kept me sane was making fun of him in my head about him working at Toys R Us.

I tried to look at all his flaws but I couldn't seem to find any, other than that he had been a player in the past, on and that he was a jerk to me earlier in the year, well ok I had a couple, but they really didn't live up to what he was like now.

I heard about how he was so cruel and mean to people before but he never acted like that with me. I heard that he let girls fend for themselves unless they were getting beaten, but he stood up for me just he uses Ethan was being a bastard and saying things he shouldn't of, about how he wanted to take things a step further, Louis didn't want to let that happen.

He stood up for my honor and my well being and he seemed like a real great guy but he didn't like me and I never would really have a chance with him. I just wish that things had been different.

Lately I've been remembering things from when we were younger and in sixth grade, about how in the year I remember I really admired him and actually considered him being cute a couple times.

I remember he asked me out and I said no. I was scared, I didn't know how I was supposed to answer and I didn't know what to do. There was no one there to help me figure out what I should say, and plus I was having conflicted feeling about if I liked him or not.

Since the kiss all I could do was think about him but that didn't mean I had actual feelings for him, it just meant I was confused. I remember the whole summer I kept thinking about him and wondering If I made the right choice.

I went back to school in seventh grade to see if I could talk to him but I heard it was to late, he had transferred schools and I remember I had been heartbroken until I had been asked out by other guys.

But I had always felt like something was missing until my dad died that November. Than everything else vanished and all I could do was think about my dad. Than I completely forgot about him, I forgot I had even known him until now.

Today was Friday, 6/5/09, and prom was tonight. I was up in my room, my eyes were filed with tears as I sat on my bed and looked at the dress I was forced to buy. I loved it but I wouldn't be able to wear it.

Louis had never texted to confirm and even if he had I wouldn't have answered. I looked over and saw the clock turn 5:30. I had already eaten my dinner and now could only drown in my sorrows.

The doorbell rang repeatedly until finally my mom answered it. I heard footsteps come up the stairs and my door fly open.

"Jessica Taylor Ken! Get ready!" I looked up to see Lauren looking pissed off

"Why?" I asked as I flopped back onto my bed and wrapped my covers around me.

"Louis is coming to get you, if you're not ready I told him to take you as you are, even if he had to carry you out."

"Why would you do that!" I screamed as I say up, tears still present in my eyes.

"Because you're going. It senior prom and you're not missing out on it. And Louis hasn't stopped talking about how much he wants to take you." She said as she sat down at the end of my bed.

"No he doesn't." I whispered.

"Yes he does." she said quietly. She pulled out her phone and tapped away before turning it around to face me and playing something.