I Don't

I can't....feel....anything....

Wait.... Who is I? Who am I? What am I?

I don't understand....

What?

~~~~~~~~

Your eyes slowly fluttered open. Everything was so fuzzy and blurry. It was difficult to make out any shapes. You continued to blink until everything began to slowly come into focus.

"She's waking up!" You heard someone, seemingly female, yell.

You groaned as you sat up from the stiff thing on which you had been laying. Your head hurt like hell, causing you to wince in pain as you gripped it tightly.

"(Y/N)!" You heard a male yell. (Y/N)? What's that?

Looking around, you began to take in your surroundings. You were in an eerie, dark place that seemed rather empty, except for the occasional sharp things here and there.

Looking to your right, you saw three children. A female in pink, a male in red, and another male in purple.

"Are you feeling okay (Y/N)?" The red one asked.

"What's (Y/N)?" You asked, puzzled.

"Uh oh." The girl whispered. "Do you think...."

"Ugh, Sally gave us a potion that wipes memories, didn't she?!" The boy in black snarled as he threw his arms in the air.

"Jack isn't going to be happy when he hears this."

"What's a Jack?" You asked. Why were these kids talking about such weird things? Were you supposed to know what they are? "Wait, where am I? Who are you? What am I doing here? Who am I?" You began to ramble.

"Whoa, whoa! Slow down!" The red one said with a wave of his hands. "Not all at once! Take it easy!"

"You are in our treehouse!" The pink one said. "And I'm Shock!"

"I'm Barrel!" The boy in black said.

"And I'm Lock." The red child finished. "And you are (Y/N). That's your name."

"Really?" You asked. "I like that name.... Who gave me that name?"

"Your parents, I guess." Lock shrugged.

"Parents? What are those?"

"Um....I don't really know how to explain it...." Lock muttered with a rub of the back of his neck. "I guess they are adults that love you and take care of you until you are old enough to take care of yourself."

"Where are mine? Who are they?"

"We don't know." Barrel said.

You frowned. I wish I knew....

"What happened to me?"

"That's kind of a long story." Shock replied. "But before anything happens, I suggest you take a look in the mirror."

"A mirror? What is that? Where is it?"

"It's glass that lets you see what you look like. It's over on the wall." You followed where Shock pointed and took a look at yourself. You tilted your head in confusion at what you saw, asking, "Why does my face look different than yours?"

"You got in a bad accident that burned some of your skin." Lock told you. Well that explains my face.... You carefully observed your face, taking in every detail. The whole right side of your face had been burned to the bone and your hair had turned to a crinkly, nasty mess of deep black. You were missing the eye on the right side of your face, but the remaining one seemed to be normal.

You jumped when you heard a loud noise. "What's that?" You asked.

"It's called a knock. People do that on the door when they go to other people's houses." Shock said as she opened the door.

You looked away from the mirror to see a tall, strange man in the doorway. He had no skin, eyes, or hair. He was in a black and white stripe suit with a weird bow. You liked the fact that his face looked similar to the right side of yours. It was white with a black hole where an eye would be.

He froze with a gasp as he looked at you. "(Y/N)...." He whispered as he began to walk toward you. Upon instinct, you took a step back. You didn't know this man, and you didn't like that he was getting closer to you.

He stopped when you did so, a sad look on his white face.

You watched as Shock tugged at the bottom of his shirt, causing him to kneel down as she whispered to him. When she was done, his eyes went wide as he rose to his feet.

"(Y/N), do you remember me?" The man asked.

You slowly shook your head.

He lowered his head, burying his face in his hands as his shoulders began to slightly shake. What was he doing? Did you do something wrong?

"I'm sorry, sir, but-"

"It's okay, (Y/N)." You winced when you heard his strained voice. Why did it make you feel so weird? You didn't like that feeling.

"But sir-"

"Please, call me Jack. That's my name."

"Okay, Jack." You started. "You seem to know me, but I don't know you...."

"I'm Jack Skellington, the Pumpkin King." He said. "We were best friends before your accident happened."

He looked to be in some sort of pain with that frown on his face. What is this feeling? You thought to yourself. Why does that face make me feel so bad? I wish I could remember..... Just something.....

"So you really don't remember?" Jack asked you.

"I'm sorry but....."

'I don't.'