Chapter 4 - Tour Talk

Tick tock tick tock.

Bored. That was one of the only words to describe how I currently felt. Sat at me 3rd row desk watching the clock slowly creep towards 3:30pm whilst listening to the teacher babble on about physics. I've never really understood why everyone has to learn it. When in my life am I going to need to know the life-cycle of a star or the half-life of radiation?

You could tell 90% of the class didn't want to be there. Some were snoring away in their seats, others doodling on their text books, some throwing paper airplanes while the teacher was focused on the board.

"TAYLOR JACKSON DETENTION!" The teacher yelled, startling the whole class.

Mr Barrow stood at the front, angry and red faced, clutching onto a paper airplane. He eyes were pinned to Taylor, a boy who sat near the back of the class. The smirk slowly faded off his face as he hear sir shout, his blue eyes seeming to become clouded with fear.

"Y...yes s...sir, sorry s..sir." Taylor responded, hanging in head in shame since he'd been caught in his rebellious act.

If one teacher in the school could make one of the most confident boys in the year go silent, it was Mr Barrow.

Finally the bell sounded signalling the end of the day, much to my relief. First day back after the summer is ALWAYS the worst.

Once the class had been dismissed I threw my bag on my back and headed to my locker.

"They Call It Young Love" I heard Georgia's vice sing from behind me, causing me to chuckle.

"Hey Georgia" I greeted her, closing my locker after getting my jacket and penny board out.

"So how's things with Mr Pop Star?" She asked, grinning a little.

"Levi? Great" I replied with a slight smile.

"Didn't they announce a big UK tour the other day?" She asked as we walked down the corridor.

"Yeah, I've known about it since around the start of summer though." I replied.

"Bet the four of them are excited. You going to got with them?" She then asked.

"Honestly I don't know, especially after what happened the last time I went on tour with them." I replied.

"But you went on the fanfests and everything was ok." She then said.

"I know but that was only 4 shows and we were only there for about a week. This time it's gonna be like nearly a month. They have asked if I wanted to go but I said I'd have to think about it." I told her.

"April if you're worried about something happening you need to talk to them" She said.

"I know it's just they've been really busy with rehearsals and meetings and stuff lately. I haven't really talked to them" I then said.

"Ok then, well I'd better go, see you tomorrow?" She said as we came to the point where we both went down separate streets.

" Yeah, see you tomorrow Georgia." I said before turning off and walking down the street towards my house.

For the remainder of the walk home, I jumped on my penny board, since it was quicker than walking.

When I finally reached my house I saw someone sitting on the front steps. When I got closer it turned out to be Tide.

"How come you're sitting here like a lost puppy?" I asked as I got to the steps.

"I forgot my keys and Jai thinks it's funny to lock me out." He replied, looking up at me.