Chapter 18 - Forgiven?

I dropped the stuffed toy on the floor before turning and walking away from him, not speaking a word.

"April wait" I heard him call in a small, cracked voice.

I could tell he was upset.

"Just leave me alone Levi, I don't want to hear it" I replied stopping for a moment but not looking at him.

"Please..." He said, his voice barely audible.

"Do you have any idea how much you hurt me? You promised." I said turning slightly to look at him.

He'd moved a little closer and was stood holding my necklace with the teddy at his feet.

"I know, I'm so so sorry, I...." He began but I cut him off.

"You don't know anything" I said quietly, small tears beginning to fall down my cheeks.

"April if I could go back in time and change things I would. I hate myself for how much I've hurt you. I tried so many times to contact you and explain but..." He said trailing off at the end.

"I lost everyone Levi, the whole school hates me, I lost 3 best friends in the world, I lost the one person I cared about most." I responded, more tears falling.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean for any of this to happen." He said looking at his feet.

"Well it has." I sad turning again and walking towards the exit.

I took hold of the door handle to go back inside but it was locked.

"Mathias got one of the workers to lock it." Levi said from behind me.

"I cant believe you." I said staring down at the handle.

Great, just great, I'm stuck outside in the cold with Levi.

Everything was silent for a moment. I lowered my self onto the floor, leaning my back against the wall at the side at the door and bringing my knees up to my chest, burying my head in them.

"Look, please just let me explain I know you hate me but..." He began, breaking the silence.

He paused sitting down beside me. I looked up but didn't say anything so he just started talking again.

"Me and the boys were being shown so much stuff that made us all believe that it was you sending hate to the fans, even our managers thought it was you. Without us realising it everyone started blocking you out, even the boys and me. Management told us it was you distancing yourself because you were guilty and knew you'd been caught. The awful thing was we began to believe them but when you put that note under out hotel room door and I found out you'd gone, I felt heartbroken, I hated myself for breaking my promise and chasing you away." He stopped for a moment, looking down at me as I stared at the wall ahead of us.

He took a deep breath before continuing.

"I was a mess that night, I didn't stop crying for hours. I tried to come after you the next morning but management stopped me, saying the shows were more important and I couldn't let the fans down.  They also told both me and the boys to just forget about you and carry on the tour. It was so hard without you there and the four of us had to support each other. Once we got home I tried calling you but Mathias answered and well, he wasn't impressed in the slightest. He told me what had happened since you got home and I felt truly terrible. When Shawn called and I talked to him I knew that even though you hated me I had to try and explain. That's when I sent the letters. When that didn't work I got Shawn to help me explain to your brothers what had happened and we planned the New York trip." He said, also now staring ahead of us.