Chapter 15 - Alone

"Hi honey, good day at school?" My mum asked as I walked through the front door, closing it behind me.

"Yeah great" I replied gloomily before walking straight up the stairs to my room, dragging me backpack behind me.

Things had changed in the past few weeks since I came home. Everyone at school had heard what had happened, it spread like wild fire. Nobody would speak to me anymore. Not even Georgia and the others. Now I sat alone at the back of classrooms, alone at lunch and walked home alone.

Mathias said things would be ok after a few days but he was wrong.

I'd become quiet too. Hardly spoke a word to anyone, even my parents and brothers.

I felt truly alone.

"April?" I head Tide knocking at my closed bedroom door.

I didn't respond, just turned my headphones up louder and turned my back to the door.

I guess he got the idea that I didn't want to talk since I heard him leave moments later.

Turning back over so I was lay on my back, I looked over at the other side of my room, where the posters of The Vamps and The Tide still hung on my wall. I hadn't yet had the strength to take them down.

All of the other things, such as tour tops, photos of me and the boys, the photo album they got me for my birthday and even my stitch stuffed toy were all hidden away in a box at the bottom of my wardrobe.

"April, its Mathias, can I come in?" I heard Mathias' voice for the other side of my door.

Again I didn't reply, knowing he's probably come in anyway.

"Mathias I'm not in the mood, please leave me alone." I said, not making eye contact with him.

"No I wont. You've changed since you came back, you're not cheerful and bubbly anymore." He said walking over and sitting on the end of my bed.

"Would you be if everyone hated you?" I snapped at him, kind of regretting it after.

"Sorry." I then added looking down.

I'd never snapped at him before.

"Hey don't worry about ok. And everyone doesn't hate you." He then said.

"Yes they do, nobody at school talks to me, I'm pushed into lockers, books knocked off my desk." I said, my voice getting louder.

"Hey hey calm down." He said.

"look everything's gonna be ok, believe me" He then added.

"You said that before and its just got worse." I cried as my brother pulled me into a hug.

"I know, I know, but you cant hide away in your room for the rest of your life. You should try to move on." He said, trying to comfort me.

"You're right." I said standing up, wiping my eyes before walking over to my poster of The Tide.

I then took a deep breath before tearing it off the wall and throwing it to the side.

I then let out a sigh.

"Never look back." I said staring at it on the floor.

"I'm proud of you sis." Mathias said coming over and pulling me into another hug.

The Next Day

"Out of the way freak" Ava, one of the girls from my maths class said loudly as she pushed me into the lockers, causing me to drop my books on the ground.