Chapter 22 - Happy New Year

There's nothing like the feeling of skating along the sea front. The wind in my hair, the sun blazing down and surrounded by that typical seaside smell.

I was riding my new penny board that my brothers had gotten my for Christmas, a light blue board with purple wheels.

It was around 10am and there were quite a few other people dotted around, some were also skating or roller-skating up and down the prom.

I came to a halt at a wooden bench when I heard my phone ringing away in my backpack. I got a few strange looks and giggles of some groups of friends walking past as it blared out Do You Wanna Build A Snowman on full volume. That's the last time I let Nate Parker borrow my phone when his is dead.

Speaking of Nate it was his caller ID who popped up when I finally dug my phone out of my bag.

"Hey Nate" I said as I answered.

"Hey April, you busy tomorrow night?" He asked.

"No don't thinks so, why'd you ask?" I replied.

"We're planning a New years Eve party, fancy dress themed, pizza, truth or dare, just a bit of fun really. We were wondering if you'd come?" The then said.

"I don't know, I'm not a big fan of parties and stuff." I told him.

"I know but there's only gonna be a few people there, plus you'll know then all and you can ask your brothers too." He responded.

"I..." I began but was interrupted by someone.

"LEVI WILL CRY IF YOU DONT COME!" I heard Drew shout.

"PLEASE COME!" Austin the shouted.

"Guys we can't make her." I heard Levi say in the background.

"Ok Ok I'll come." I gave in.

"WHOOO!!" I heard them all cheer on the other end of the phone

"Don't forget to wear a costume!" Drew yelled.

"And ask your brothers if they wanna come too." Austin added.

"Ok I will, see you guys tomorrow." I replied laughing at their excitement.

"Bye bye April." The all replied before they hung up.

Well if I knew one thing is was that the twins would definitely be up for going, since it included dressing up in some weird costumes.

I messaged the three of my brothers straight away and the almost immediately all replied saying hey wanted to go.

After letting Nate know they were going too there was only one thing left to do; figure out what I was going to wear.

I tried to think of ideas as I skated back home, dodging people walking by as I went.

"Hey mum I'm home." I called as I opened the front door.

"Hello sweetie, you're back sooner than I thought you would be." She said popping her head around the living room door.

"Yeah go some stuff to do." I smiled in reply.

"Oh is it for the boys party tomorrow night? Jai told me." She smiled.

"Yeah. I have no idea what to dress up as." I said.

"I'm sure you'll think of something. I heard the twins talking about going as bananas or something before." She chuckled.

"No way am I letting them go out dresses as bananas." I replied with a laugh.

"Well I wish you look stopping them." Mathias said coming out of the kitchen.

"Have you got any ideas what you're going as?" I asked him.