The Formal Goodbye

Pictures were scattered on the floor and here I am with a box filled with the things I treasure and I pick which ones to leave behind. I know I would come back after two years and maybe it would go back to the way it was. It was still dark outside but here I am thinking so deep because in a week or two, I'm leaving this place. I'm leaving but it does not mean I won't return. It would just be for a while- that is what I will keep in mind if I think of tearing up in seconds thinking about it. It's time for me to explore a different world with different people and I am sure I am gonna learn a lot. I hope that my heart would learn its lesson too. Dad's song was playing softly in the background. This is the day I'm saying goodbye to my manager. He's taken care of me even though I hated him a lot for some reasons but now I saw his purpose. It was to push me more and be the best that I can be. I hope the space I get would be a bit big and comfy. If possible, I would have it all to myself. I had cute baby pictures, some mall show pictures, ASAP numbers, TV guestings... I think I would get one of each.

It was a big pile of pictures and I pick what seemed to be the best. At the bottom of the pile. There was that yellow note. That first yellow note that made my mind think about the mystery behind it but actually it was already in front of me. Here I am regretting that I walked into my mom's room that day. I shake my head and distract myself about what I am supposed to do today. I look out my window and it was already sunrise. I'm sure I would miss this view. I hope that I have it at my room for 24 months. I lay down on bed and scroll down and just look at the pictures taken during the last grand fan's day. It was surely something I would miss. There were tons of wacky pictures. I don't know which one is the best. Someone even captured my reaction when dad called all of a sudden and everybody heard how we talk on the phone.

Dad caught me off guard and entered my room without knocking" Sweetheart."

" Dad..."

" What are you up to today?"

"UHm.. We're going to my manager's office right?"

" Oh yeah.." I saw Dad's face change all of a sudden

" We could drop by some pizza for them" I tried to cheer up my dad

" And maybe you could have some milk tea with me" Dad teased me

" When was your last cup of it?" I tease him back

Dad tickles me by my sides then sits with me in bed " During your audition silly"

I suddenly realized how quiet it would be here in the house if I was gone. I promise myself that I would stay in touch with my mom and dad through messages because calls were so way expensive. It's going to be really different and I really need to prepare myself and leaving everything peacefully would be a step to do it.

Mom enters my room wearing her pajamas " Good morning you two."

" Mommy!" I said in a baby voice rising up to hug her tight

" I suddenly felt you were 7 for a moment there."

" Don't you miss it?"

" I'll miss you when you fly to Japan even though your dad and I are bringing you there."

I look at my dad and he gives me that smile that says yes " I thought of it as a vacation for the family to before we leave you on your own.."

I rush to my Dad and hug him the tightest I have done in many years. Mom then joined in and it was the tightest group hug we'll ever have. We all had breakfast and my parents are joining me in whatever I will do today. First stop, would be at my manager's office. As I also suggested, I'd give them some pizza for snack. As soon as I got there, I get the pizza and dad brings the drinks while mom holds the plastic cups. We walked out of the car as if we were having a photo shoot because I swear it was something good for squad goals. I took a deep breath and I knock on the door before I enter

" Good morning.." I said entering his office and removing my shades

" I thought you would just scurry away without saying goodbye" He said giving me a tight hug

I smiled knowing that he does not hug people often" It's not goodbye.. I'll just be... I'll not be here for a while but I'll be coming back"

" You promise that."

" I'll be back" I told him

" Call the others, there's a lot of food" I added when Mom and Dad scare him as he steps back

" It's been a while!" Dad said as he saw my manager shocked as ever

" You really make me smile everytime Darren.." He said giving him a manly hug

" And I know I never made a mistake with you Louise.." He added looking at my mom

" Glad to know that sir.." Mom said in a charming way

" You don't have to be that formal all the time Louise. That's still your sickness up to now." My manager jokes around

" Let's eat" I said and everyone came to get their slice of pizza

Dad opens the softdrinks and it suddenly overflows. Instead of feeling a bit mad that it actually made a mess in front of my manager, I felt quite happy as if it was champagne for some happy celebration. Everybody was giving me some hugs and some short " I miss you" statements as they approach me one by one. There were so many people in this industry that helped me reach what I am now and it's somewhat a different path since it's not about stardom anymore and I am thankful to them for being part of it. Whenever I am this office, all I felt was fear. Fear that I did something wrong. Fear that I was not good enough but now it feels like home all of a sudden with such a happy aura. People are gathered around with smiles. Even my manager that is serious most of the time was smiling at that moment.

" Ena.."

" Yes sir?"

" You're coming back right?"

" Of course." I said without even thinking

Some of the employees in the company are approaching me one by one. Saying their goodbyes. Asking all about my school in Japan. I did not know that there were a lot of people around that supported me all the way. I did not even get the chance to thank them all .

" May I propose a toast?" My managers breaks the silence as everyone raise their plastic cups

" To this talented, beautiful and intelligent young lady that made our days happy here in this talent company which she is clueless about.." Everyone starts to giggle

" Bon voyage my dear. Take care. Enjoy and see you in a bit. CHEERS!" He exclaimed and everyone followed

After that, my parents look at me as they drink . I smile. I raise my glass and all that I said was " Cheers"