Chapter 13

Vivs POV

I smile to myself at the look of jealousy on Josh's face. He surely does care for that girl.

I walk down the corridors to Maisy's room, to make sure she's okay.

When I enter, I'm surprised to find Liam there, beside her bed.

I raised an eyebrow in question and pull up a seat on the other side of the bed.

He gave me a grim smile and focused back on Maisy, who looked much better and was breathing normally.

"She's recovering well..hopefully she'll be able to go without the injections in a couple weeks." Liam's voice was quiet, as to not disturb her. I smile gratefully and grab Maisy's hand. It was slightly cold and I rubbed it sympathetically.

Maisy was like the mother to us all, taking care of the group in a way Winnie and I can't.

"Thank you, for everything Liam." I say sincerely. Liam doesn't say anything, only nods. His eyes looked slightly puffy, as if he had been crying and the way his voice was raspy made me think that maybe something was wrong.

"Are you okay?"

"Where are you parents Viv? Your siblings?" He asks suddenly, snapping his head to me. I take a sharp breath at the sudden burst.

Before I could respond he stood up and walked over to me.

He grabbed my arm and dragged me out of Maisy's room and into an empty one a few doors down.

"Liam what-"

"Your loved ones? Your best friends? Where are they?" He says quickly, in a much louder voice.

"Liam-"

"Did they die?" He's yelling now. "Was it your fault?!"

Just as quickly as he started he stopped, collapsing to the ground and breathing in short pants.

"Liam?" I am still in shock, but quickly get down on the floor with him, rubbing his back as he continued to go through his panic attack.

"I- can't- breathe-" tears are squeezing from the corners of his eyes and his palms are on the carpet in front of him.

I can feel his heart hammering in his chest, I can almost hear it.

He places his head on my shoulder and his warm short breaths trail along my neck, making me shiver. I frantically continue to rub his back and he buries his face further into my neck, the hairs of his beard tickling me.

All of this feels weird, and I have never experienced something like this. The way he suddenly became so vulnerable, and so desperate for someone to touch him, like I am.

His strong arms wrap around my waist and I can't help but notice how they for perfectly. How it feels good to have them there.

His breathing gradually slows and he finally removes his head from the crook of my neck.

His cheeks were tear stained and his lips were red and wet.

"I am so sorry about that." He whispers, looking down shamefully.

I don't say anything, instead I carefully place my hands on his cheeks and wipe away the damp spots.

I don't dare to breathe, I don't think he does either, I can only focus on his face.

The soft pool of brown in his eyes, his eyelashes and eyebrows.

The curve of his jaw and the hairs on his chin. His lips looked swollen and and his cheeks were flushed.

I look up at his eyes and notice he was observing my face too. Suddenly I feel very shy, and a tightening in my gut keeps me from moving.

"What happened?" I ask quietly, careful to disturb the silence.

"I-I don't know."

"Do you need to talk about it?"

He hesitated, then shook his head. I feel his hands wrap around mine and his thumbs rub the palms of my hands.

It's so calming, and my eyes flutter closed with the sensation.

Sensation?

My eyes snap back open and I stumble back, the moment of intimacy suddenly suffocating.

"Uh-I- um-"

I stutter and quickly got to my feet. I see Liam's face full of confusion and hurt but I rush out of the room before I can think about it too much.

This can't happen.

It won't happen.

I run and run throughout the house with only one thought.

I have to find Winnie.

.......................................... ..........................

SO

SHORT

UPDATE

ERM COMMENT VOTE ETC

TELL ME WHAT YA THINK

NOT PROOFREAD AND PROBABLY WEIRD OH WELL

BYEEE

~KiaraXx