Chapter 36

Scar

*

I was free of the mob of Grayies attacking me, but I still felt like I was dying. Louis looked at me frazzled with wide eyes, neither him nor me believing what just came out of his mouth. My chest felt like exploding, my lungs felt devoid of oxygen.

I think I was having a panic attack.

"Who the hell is Sawyer?" Winnie asked in the dead quiet. I couldn't focus on her though. I was too busy trying to regain my breath. My knees started to buckle, but I strained to stay upright.

Louis straightened up, his eys clearing from any confusion, however still flashing with various emotions. Hair wisped over his face, but he didn't clear it away. Instead he only focused on me, watching as I felt like crumpling to the floor.

He was remembering.

"Sawyer.." He trailed, saying it mostly to himself, looking frustrated as the memories were at the edge of the cliff. He was going to remember a completely different life.

He's going to remember me.

"Louis.." I strained, trying not to give away any emotion and failing miserably. Who knows what the consequences would be if he remembered? Especially since everything wasn't exactly...good.

He would remember me sure, but is it worth it to bring up some of the more haunting memories? The ones that still terrorize my dreams to this day? I think I would give anything to forget what Louis had been through back in England, the horrible things he endured.

"Sawyer..." Louis furrowed his brow, dazed as memories flooded him, "Bolin."

I gasped out of instinct.

My real name.

"No one is answering my question." Winnie pointed out, still unaware of what exactly is happening to Louis. Louis staggered, dropping to his knees as tears starting to slip down his cheeks. I instantly found my breath again, running over to him and cradling his face in my hands.

At this point I don't care that he remembers, I'm tired of pretending I didn't know him, that I didn't love him.

MI6 can't stop me this time, so I feverishly pressed my lips to him.

His salty tears, and perhaps mine too by now, traced our lips and he wrapped his arms around me, crushing me tightly to his body. We molded perfectly, just like we had before, and he sobbed as I ran my fingers down the nape of his neck.

"I remember Sawyer, how did I ever forget?" Louis murmured, trying to pull my body closer to his, if that was even possible. I suppose we looked like a mess, cradling each other on the floor next to a pile of rotting bodies.

Not exactly how I assumed our reunion would go, but with him here I didn't care.

"Can someone explain?" Niall shouted, getting frustrated at the sudden turn of events.

Louis looked up from me, giving a weak smile to the boys, his eyes were glazed and red from crying, but he looked whole again. He was happy.

"Sawyer was the one girl I wouldn't let any of you meet." He smiled sheepishly, still with his arms wrapped around my torso. I still felt like crying, but I assume that this much emotion from me would make the group think I was crazy.

"The 'mysterious' one? The one you constantly snuck out to meet?" Zayn asked with widen eyes, looking to me.

Louis nodded eagerly, stroking my hair as held me, both of us still on the ground.