30: Please Stay

Y/N's PoV
~~~~~~~~

Ben and I sat watching [Movie that Ben isn't in] and we shared a tub of our favourite ice cream. We sat there gazing into the TV not realising that we were hugging.  When the movie finished Ben stood up awkwardly. "Right then, I'm gonna go. I hope you're feeling better." He said.

"Please Stay." I said with puppy dog eyes.

"I- I-"

"Please."

"Okay if that doesn't bother you."  He said sitting back on the bed. The truth was I needed him, he made me feel better.
"Of course it doesn't." I checked my phone and noticed the date August 15th. "Shit." escaped my lips.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"It's August."

"Yeah it's been August for a while now."

"No its the 15th."

"So?"

"It's your freakin birthday, happy birthday."

"Thanks."

"I didn't realise sorry, I didn't get you anything."

"It's okay you got my favourite ice-cream."

"No its not okay, ice cream isn't a proper prese.."

"Yes it is, now let's stop talking about my birthday you're making me feel old."

"Okay."

"So what should we watch?"

"Don't mind you choose it's your birthday."

"Hey you said you'll stop." Ben said in a childish tone.

"Sowwy." I said also in a childish tone.

"What do you say to watching this?" Ben said taking a movie off the shelf.

"Oo great choice." I said. We began watching the movie and about ten minutes in I had to ask Ben another question. "Ben."

"Hm?"

"Why'd you stay?"

"You asked me to."

"Yeah but if you want you can leave and celebrate your birthday properly."

"Properly?"

"You know party hard Ben Affleck style with friends?" 

"I prefer staying in...with You."

"Really?  Aw. But isn't it a waste when you can party eat cake whatever. "

"No I like this alternative anyway you weren't meant to mention my birthday."

"Sorry...Grumpy grandpa."

"Oy."

"I'm just joking."

"I know."  He said putting his arm around me.

We continued to watch the movie however neither of us finished it because we both fell asleep prior to the end. The next morning my alarm went off pretty early telling me to get ready for work. It luckily didn't wake Ben up so I snuck out took a shower, got ready and made breakfast. I went back into my room and Ben was up and on his phone.

"Morning. Late Birthday breakfast? "  I said.

"Hi, yes please it looks great."  He replied putting his phone down I could see that he was texting someone. I handed him the plate.

"You like it?" I asked.

"Yeah it's greatest thanks. I um need to ask you well I'm flying out to London on Thursday-"

"You're what? You never said you're leaving!"  I bursted out without thinking.

"Well yeah I need to actually work but if you want I'm flying on a private jet and it's only me and Henry so you could tag along for a free flight."

"That's nice of you but I need to be there for Wednesday."

"This Wednesday?" 

"No next wed."

"Then you'll make it."

"Oh yeah, umm thank you are you sure it won't be any trouble?" 

"Of course not."

"Okay then I'd love to tag along."

"Great."

"Wow this will be the first time I see Henry in aaaaaages." I said making Ben chuckle.

"Same actually."

"Yeah um would you be okay with me leaving you here I need to go to work?"

"Yeah sure."

"Good I'm sorry it's not very host like but I can't be late."

"It's okay now go."  Ben said.

"Okay there's more food and drink in the fridge if you want and..." I trailed off as Ben stood up and put his hands around me looking down.

"It's okay I get it." He began leaning in for a kiss and his eyes were closed when I moved my wrist awkwardly infront of his face showing my watch.

"Late, late says the white rabbit or whatever it is. I need to go bye." I said awkwardly.

"Bye..." Ben said I could feel and see I hurt his feelings rejecting him but I just didn't know what we were so I didn't want to do anything inappropriate, I didn't want to become some one night stand well kiss wise.

A/N: HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEN AFFLECK. I know the picture has happy birthday Matt written on the cake but ignore that.

I'm still on hiatus and have the worst signal but I couldn't miss out on posting this on Ben's birthday.

Question of the chapter:
When's your birthday?

Story time if you want to read it:
So I was on holiday in Spain till two days ago and now I'm back in the UK camping for two weeks. But on the plane back from Spain I got separated from my dad on the plane because of our seat numbers. 

So I was complaining about having to sit next to a stranger and then I realised I sound like the reader at the start of this. Later on the plane I found my seat and it was next to the window and then I had to wait for the strangers to arrive.

Later this guy in a black hoodie sits next to me and he was reading a book, so I began to mentally freak out that this was re-creating the first chapter. Halfway through the flight I noticed his face and sadly iy wasn't Ben but a hot guy with a butt chin and black hair so I was still pretty creeped out by how close it was to my fan fic. The end.