Chapter 12

Scarlett’s POV:

“See, it wasn’t that bad was it?” Mesut let out with a smile from beside me. The both of us wheeling our suitcases behind us as we walked. Well, Mesut wheeling one of mine as well. I swear, I really do have so many clothes that I don’t know what to do with the half of them.

I turned beside me and shot him a death look. Looking extremely unimpressed with his words that he has spoken. “Was that supposed to be a joke?” I breathed out, still looking at him in the exact same way as before. “Mes, I was fucking terrified during the flight, could you not see that in my face?”

As soon as those words had been spoken out of my mouth I heard him burst into laughter from beside me. This man… seriously, what am I going to do with him? “Relax, it’s only a flight. Do you know the odds of anything happening to you on a plane? It’s like a 1 in 1000 chance.”

“Yes, I do know that. But you never know, one day I could be that one.” Because really if you think about there is a possible chance that something could happen. I mean, unless you can tell the future you will never know, right? And that is just why I am so terrified of flying. Especially with Mesut as well, he wouldn’t shut up about scaring me throughout the entire duration of it. It had gotten to the point where I actually felt like punching him. Yes, he was that annoying.

“Look, you’re off the plane now so there’s nothing to worry about. So please, just calm down and relax.” He had now added a calming yet soothing tone to his voice. A clear attempt of his to try and calm me down. But I was calm… now I’m off the plane that is. Just the thought of having to go onto one on the way back to Madrid is something I am already not looking forward to. But there is no way I’m going to let the worry ruin my time being spent here with my family and of course Mesut. There is no way that I’m going to let that happen.

After a couple more minutes of Mesut and I wheeling our suitcases towards the main doors of the airport to find the awaiting taxi outside, I fell dead at the sight I had through the smallest of windows before my eyes. “You’ve got to be joking me.” I let out, looking directly in front of me as the rain poured down from the sky. Yes, I’m definitely home. Welcome to your typical weather here in Wales.

As I spoke I noticed out the corner of my eye Mesut looking at me, seeming a little puzzled and confused at my words. “What? What’s the matter with you?” He questioned, the confusion more evident than before at this stage.

So I turned my head to face him, beginning to explain. “The rain… I mean, you can’t honestly expect me to walk out to the taxi wearing this, can you?”

He just shrugged in response to me. “I don’t know, we’re only going out to the taxi right there. So it’s not like you’ll be in the rain for that long.”

“No, I refuse.” I protested, crossing my arms against my chest, not moving a single muscle towards the doors to exit the airport. Leaving Mesut beside me sighing in frustration at my actions. “Right, that’s it.” And with that I uncrossed my arms and began opening up my suitcases, sitting down in the middle of the airport. People looking and staring at me, probably wondering what sort of idiot I am for doing something like this. But I didn’t care, it had to be done. Whereas Mesut was stood beside me, looking a little embarrassed to be with me at this moment.

“Scar, what are you doing?” He asked me, watching as I pulled out a sweatshirt, jacket, jeans andboots from the suitcases. Keeping the same bag I had from earlier in my hands.

“What does it look like? I’m going to get changed. There is no way I am leaving this airport in these clothes when it is raining this bad. No way Mesut, not happening. I mean, I’m wearing heels for god sake.” It was then, at that moment, that I closed zipped the suitcases back up, propping the clothes in between my arms before making my way over to the toilets not far from where we were stood. My suitcases trailing behind me as I walked. But there was no available noise to tell me that he was following. So I turned around, only to find him stood in the exact same position as before. Still seeming a little embarrassed from the way he was stood there. “Are you coming or not?”