Chapter 34

Scarlett's POV: 

Sitting up in an empty bed beside me not long after waking up I groaned heavily to myself, a feeling of extreme laziness was accompanying me in the thought of me needing to get up so I could get ready and leave for work. The only thing which I want to do is get back under the cosy covers and fall back to sleep, sleep until at least lunch time like I usually do whenever I am not needed for a photo shoot. It was just my luck this morning that when Mesut had got up to get ready to meet up with his team-mates to go to the hotel ahead of the game which is taking place tomorrow he woke me up, all by the slightest movements of him moving and the cause being that I was no longer resting on his chest fast asleep just like I usually sleep.

But of course, if I want to keep my dream job at Global Models I cannot just come and go for my own freewill. I need to be on time for work every single days my boss Antonio wants me to come in, meaning no lateness and no skiving off just because I feel like. Yes I can honestly put my hand up and admit that I have been tempted many times before to take the day off as I am too tired or whatever, but I have never gone as far as going ahead with it. If I did not have Mesut to stop me though I would have probably done it, he is always the one stopping me from doing such a thing by reminding me just how much my job means to me. All of the hard work I have put into getting where I am, not wanting to see me throw all of that away.

If I think about though I guess I do have one good thing to come out of work as I will be ever so busy and time will pass by, that being the fact that I get to drive to the hotel in which has Mesut inside to stay there with him for the night. Of course we are breaking so many of the rules in his career by doing such a thing but he always wants me there with him, and a little bit of vice versa also. Recently I cannot stand to sleep at night without Mesut holding me as close to him as he can, cuddling me all night until we both wake up in the morning, for such a long time now I have not been able to sleep without it. Mesut is the cure to a good night’s sleep for me. But tonight, I really am hoping beyond praying that we do not get caught out.

As I know for a simple fact that if we are to get caught then none of the blame will be put on me, it will all be down to Mesut. He will be the one getting into trouble and not me, and so if it is his manager – Carlo – which catches us, I really do not want to know the consequences I am sure will lead from it all. This is the reason I was a little hesitant in going to the hotel just a little while after I finish work, because I do not want to get Mesut into trouble. Who knows what may happen as a repercussion if we are caught, for all I know Mesut could be dropped from the team and forced to sit on the bench. So I would not live myself if that was the case.

In a little while I could finally be bothered to move, reaching my body over the bed towards the bedside table resting next to my side of the bed. With my body stretched out across the creased covers of the bed I reached for my pills on the bedside table, holding the packet just between my fingers to my right hand as I went to reach for the glass of water in which I am sure Mesut must have left me like he always does whenever he is the one that wakes from his sleep before me. This is the thing with Mesut, he is so organized, he is always to bring up a glass of water for me to make sure I take my pill or reminding me the second I wake up. If I am honest I do not know where I would be without him at times really, probably pregnant.

But just as I was about to pop my pill out of the packet and take it with some of the water, I deemed to be stopped in doing so. As the sound of my phone going off beside of the glass of water stopped me dead in my tracks, tilting my head to one side as I looked at the screen to see who the message may be from. And there was no surprise to find that it was in fact one from Mesut, causing a large smile to prop up against my lips in seeing it. So with that as of in that moment I picked my phone up in order to read the message, swiping my finger right of the way across the screen to read it. And just before I read the message I placed the packet of pills back down again, now holding my phone with both hands as I proceeded to read it.