Chapter 32

Mesut's POV:

Words really cannot even begin to describe how grateful and overwhelmed I am towards of the woman I love, Scarlett, for setting all of this up for me – a surprise birthday part. All our entire house filled with the bliss of all our friends and family here celebrating my special day with me, the music pumping around us and giving me a sense of comfort. Never did I expect my night would pan out like this, from walking out the house a little under an hour ago now ahead of meeting the guys at the restaurant for a meal to coming back home in an annoyed mood as they stood me up but finding this really was the outcome. They all must have been in on it, the meal was never going to happen and they knew that I would come home again.

I guess it is a pretty good thing that I did come back home after my waiting was over for the guys which were never going to turn up so it happened, otherwise I would not be here now in a house full of the people I love the most. This really is far more than I could have ever in a million years asked for, Scarlett really does get me when it comes to things such as this so I will forever eternally grateful for all she has done for me on my special day. This by far must be the best birthday I am yet to have so far within my life and it is all down to one person in my reasons for this – Scarlett – spending my birthday with her is all I wanted, it could be the two of us and I would still be happy. This girl, this woman, she is my world and much more.

Smiling like an idiot to myself as I looked around the spacious area of the front room here in mine and Scarlett’s home I casted my eyes over all of the people here, my family as well as Scarlett’s also, my team-mates, and a handful of some of our closest friends. Honesty, to me it seemed as if everyone was enjoying themselves, and that really is all that I wanted. So still with that same smile upon my lips I moved my face closer towards Scarlett’s cheek as I had her on my lap and kissed it softly, feeling a smile form across her lips via her cheeks before I watched her head turn to look at me. “Aw Mes, what was that for babe?” She smiled at me.

“Well why do you think?” Looking at her on my lap I continued that very same smile upon of my lips, feeling it grow wider and wider with each living second which passed the both of us by as I wrapped my arms tight around her waist. Holding her close to me, watching her look at me with a look as if waiting for me to go on further. “It’s sort of another thank you as you did all of this to me, honestly it means so much to me.” And as those words slipped off from my tongue Scarlett seemed to waste no time whatsoever in moving closer to me, her hands to be occupied on my cheeks as she pressed her lips softly against that of my own. Moving in a soft and passionate way, us both still smiling into it. “I love you so much.” I whispered.

“And I love you too baby, more than I can put into words.” Breaking free from the kiss once she uttered those words we simply gazed into one another’s eyes, feeling captivated as well as comfortable in doing so. But after a while Scarlett’s eyes drifted off into one certain area of the room, one which I did not bother to follow as she soon came out with it once with a shake of the head to whomever it was sat there. “Erm Mes, I think my dad wants to talk to you over there.” Pointing towards the leather sofa just beside the one which we were sat on I noticed her father sat there, a smirk upon his lips with a bottle of beer occupying one of his hands. “So I think the last thing you want is to make him wait any longer than he already is.”

Letting a laugh out from my lips just as Scarlett did but with a giggle I nodded my head, ever so lightly tapping her legs as if to ask her to stand up for me. To which she did with a smile upon her lips, allowing me to be free from the sofa in standing up and grabbing my drink off of the table beside us. “I’ll try not to be long babe but it all depends on how long your father wants to keep me.” Again allowing for a laugh to escape my lips I pressed a small kiss to the top of Scarlett’s head before walking over there, a smile upon my lips as I got closer all that much closer to her father before taking a seat beside him on the sofa. “I hope you’re having a good time here tonight Darren and thanks for coming, Scarlett said you wanted to speak?”