Chapter 32

The trip to the hospital took longer than expected due to the snow piling up on the roads. The snow had been falling at a steady rate for the past few hours and it was forecasted to fall throughout the night. Officer Smith had just pulled up to the hospital. "You're sure you want to be dropped off here, I could drop you off at your house?" Officer Smith asked. "I'm sure, I want to see Alexia," Zach answered. Officer Smith nodded, "I'll have your wrecked car towed to your house." "Thanks officer," Zach's said with a smile before exiting the police car. Zach watched as Officer Smith pulled out of the hospital parking lot. When Officer Smith's car was out of sight, Zach walked into the hospital. "Which room is Alexia in?" he asked the lady at the desk. The lady began to type on the computer," She's in room 104, but it's family only." Zach didn't care, he needed to make sure she was alright. He ran over to the elevator and pushed the second floor button. He stepped onto the elevator and waited as it went up. He stepped off the elevator and walked along the hallway, checking the numbers on the doors. At last, he came to room 104. The door was shut but he could hear a man speaking inside. Maybe it Alexia's father, she had never spoken of her father so maybe they weren't on very good terms. But Zach's thoughts were interrupted by the door opening. Zach stood up quickly hoping to see inside the room. But before Zach could see in, the door swung shut. "Sorry sir, family only right now," the man who had just walked out said. "I know, I just need to make sure she's alright," Zach said sitting down. "I'm her doctor, Doctor Glen," he said extending his hand out to Zach. "I'm Zach," Zach replied shaking the doctors hand. "It's nice to meet you Zach, I'll make sure to tell Alexia you stopped by," Doctor Glen said before walking away.

Zach knew he wasn't going to be able to get in anytime soon, so he decided to get a cup of coffee from the cafeteria.  He walked down the hallway to elevator and waited for it to come up. He got on the elevator and went back down. He went straight to the cafeteria. "Hello, what can I get for you?" the lady at the cash register asked. "Coffee please," Zach said getting his wallet out while the lady turned to get his coffee ready. The lady handed Zach his coffee. "That'll be $2.50," the lady said. "We'll get that," someone from behind Zach said. Zach turned around to find his parents standing behind him. Zach's parents came up to the front of the line with Zach and paid for the coffee. 'How'd you guys know I was here?" Zach asked. "Officer Smith called us to say that you had found Alexia, we decided that the snow wasn't going to stop us from making sure you two were safe," Nina said. "They won't let us in to see her," Zach said quietly. "We could wait and see if Tina will let us in," Nina said, "she knows how much you mean to Alexia." Zach nodded and led his parents to Alexia's room. The door was shut once again but this time Tina was sitting outside the room. "Is something wrong with Alexia?" Zach asked. "Oh no, nothing's wrong dear, the doctors were doing some check ups on her so I decided to give them some space to work," Tina explained. "Did Doctor Glen tell Alexia I was here," Zach asked. Tina nodded," He did and Alexia requested to see you but you'll have to wait until the doctors are out." Zach sat down in the chair next to his mother. He hoped he would be able to see Alexia very soon.

*Sorry for a sort of boring chapter. This chapter needed to be written in order for the next chapter to work out like I want it too. Anyways, how did you like the chapter? Hopefully next chapter Zach will be able to see Alexia! Please remember to comment and vote!
Until the next chapter,
Emily

P.S.- I am currently writing another book called A Day at Grandmas so if you could check it out I would really appreciate it! I flip flop writing chapters between these two books so I'll be writing the next chapter of A Day at Grandmas next!