sixteen

a light knock rang on my door as i had my head buried into my pillow and dry tears stained against my cheeks.

"leave me alone" i called out, but the knock came again. "i mean it".

the person behind the door clearly wasn't listening when they knocked again, so i finally jumped out of bed and opened it to see my phone sitting on the floor and a note beside it.

i narrowed my eyes and unfolded the paper. with a crayon, it read: i always know dad's hiding spot love issy x

i smiled at the message from my little sister and went back into my room with my phone to start texting jack:

i'm in so much trouble

i fucking hate it here - they treat me like some sort of kid

i'm done

for while, i lay in bed, waiting for jack to reply to any of my messages but it came to an hour and he didn't. so i tried calling him instead, but every call went straight to voicemail.

i furrowed my brows in confusion, because this never happens but i tried one last time, just in case and with my luck, jack answered.

i went into my bathroom, so that my parents couldn't hear me on the phone before speaking.

"i've been trying to get hold of you for the past hour" i told him, sitting on the floor behind the door.

he sighed, "i know, i-i was busy and my phone was off. what happened?".

i began to explain everything that happened from when my dad dragged me back into the house to when my mother thought i caught a std then to them grounding me.

"...then i told them that i hated them, and i do" i said.

"siena, you don't mean that".

"don't i? there is no reason for them to treat me like this, i at least have my reasons".

"but don't say that you hate them, you never know what could happen to anyone of them next" jack told me.

"and how could you be so sure?" i almost snapped until i started to remember his reason behind disagreeing with me. "...i'm sorry".

"it's okay".

"no, i-i didn't mean to be so insensitive, of course you understand".

"honestly, siena, it's okay" he assured, even though i still felt bad for not choosing my words carefully.

as the conversation grew quieter, i rested my head against the door behind me, "i should of agreed to go away when we spoke about it the other night. i'd be out of this hell hole by now"

"wait, y-you're still up for that?".

"yeah, if i could, i'd runaway to absolutely anywhere right now".

"...siena, i've got to go" jack suddenly said.

i sat up after his words, "what? why? i'm upset, please stay on the line with me".

"i know, baby. but this thing is important...wait, i didn't mean it like that...siena?".

i sighed and stood up with the phone still to my ear, "i know you didn't, but fine, i'll talk to you later then".

"things will get better, you know that right?".

"how can you be so sure?" i asked.

"well, do you trust me?".

i bit down on my bottom lip and nodded, even though he couldn't see me, "...yes".

"then i'm sure" he replied and i shook my head with a lightly chuckle, just as i heard my bedroom door open.

"siena?" my dad called out.

"my dad's here, i've got to go, bye" i quickly explained and hung up.

i hid the phone somewhere in the bathroom, then flushed and washed my hands like i had just used the toilet.

i opened the door and walked straight over to my bed, "what?"

"just checking to see what you were doing".

i placed my pillow on my lap and leant against the headboard, "well, i can't do much since you took everything away from me, including jack".

"forget gilinsky - focus on what matters like homework" he folded his arms and spoke.

i rolled my eyes and actually resulted into getting out my homework from my backpack, "well, you can leave now".

"siena, this attitude of yours needs to stop" he warned and i sighed, hoping that he'd finally leave me in peace and stop lecturing me, and he did.

+

later that night, a text from my phone awakened me and i opened my eyes to realise that i'd fallen asleep with my unfinished homework surrounding me.

i squinted my eyes at the message on the screen and it was from jack, saying: come to your window.

i creased my eyebrows and checked the time that read - 11:16pm and was immediately confused as to why he was here at this time, or even at all since my parents would murder us if they saw.

i climbed out of bed and opened the curtains, seeing jack behind the glass with a black hoodie just about over his hair.

"jack, what are you doing here?" i opened the window and whispered. "my parents are still awake, they could walk in at any-".

"i don't care," he cut me off. "but i do care about us and your happiness, and since you said it yourself, let's do it. let's runaway".

-

this chapter would have been longer but i like cliffhangers lol

{vote, comment and share}