twenty-six

siena's pov +

"i'm not a killer!" jack retorted through gritted teeth, before he turned to me and his face grew much softer. "siena, baby, don't listen to him".

i didn't know how to react or respond to his pleading face. instead, i looked up at leon with my lip almost trembling.

"what do you mean by killer?" i questioned.

"he's taken someone's life" he informed me. "actually, i think it was two. right, jack?".

"leon, stop" jack demanded.

"he's also worked for me in my drug business and thieved a few expensive items here and there" leon paced around me whilst carelessly playing with the gun in his hand.

he suddenly paused and chuckled at jack's heated face, finding it incredibly amusing.

"you're getting really angry now" he said, then gestured to me. "look at your girlfriend's face, the truth is harsh, isn't it?".

"siena, look at me. he's ly-".

"sorry, i'm what? lying?" leon recalled followed by a throaty laugh. "you can't even finish the sentence because you know that it's all fucking true".

i stared across the room at jack whilst my sight grew cloudy from the tears on my waterline - the tears that were forming because i just found out that my boyfriend has been lying to me for weeks.

"oh, don't cry" the sadistic man failed to console me. "if he co-operates then this will all be over soon".

he sauntered over to jack and stopped before him, leaving minimal space between them.

"so where's the money, jack?" he lowly questioned.

"i-i have some of it but i'm a couple hundred short and—".

leon's hoarse laugh interrupted his sentence, "you're a couple hundred short? see, it's funny how that works because i could easily shorten your girlfriend's life a couple hundred seconds too".

he aimed his gun directly at me and i instantly squealed with fear, firmly shutting my teary eyes.

"okay! okay!" jack quickly yelled. "just please...please don't touch her".

i slowly opened my eyes, thankful that i still could and saw leon come back to my side with his weapon still tight in his hand.

"you of all people know what i'm capable of, jack. you know very well that i'm not afraid of pulling this trigger as long as justice is served".

my body froze as leon carelessly traced his gun along the top of my head.

"fine!" jack exclaimed. "the money...it's—it's upstairs".

his eyes travelled to mine, staring at me with pure guilt.

"first room on the left. the pink duffel bag underneath the bed" he continued until i finally realised.

i fidgeted in my chair, "jack, what are you doing?!".

"that should be enough" he added, referring to all of the money that jack i bought with us to survive until we find jobs.

"jack, we need that!".

leon lightly nudged me, "this guy isn't really boyfriend of the year today, is he? you better not be lying to me about this bag, gilinsky".

he made his way upstairs whilst his men kept an eye on jack and i. the whole time, i couldn't bare to look ahead incase i caught eyes with jack.

i just knew that the anger inside of me wouldn't sit well if i did.

leon eventually came back whilst counting several hundred dollars in his hand with my duffel bag draped over his arm.

"i'm impressed" he praised as he reached the landing. "it's all here and plus, i added in some more because why not".

leon clicked his fingers and i soon noticed that it was a signal for the muscular man to release jack and seize his fire.

"here's the rest of it" leon threw my bag at jack, then headed towards the front door. he stopped in front of me, still tied securely on the chair and bent down a little.

"and you, here" taking a dollar out of his hands, he sleazily stuffed it down the top of my shirt, causing me to move recklessly at his dirty hands on me.

he found my every movement amusing and stood up straight, "buy yourself something nice, princess".

i scolded leon's words and watched as his men walked out the front door, leaving him behind.

"i hope this taught you a lesson, jack" he carried on counting our money in front of us. "oh and if i were you, i'd start playing hide and seek from these cops. since there's now three people's lives that you've taken".

leon gave me a quick wink and smirk settled on his lips, before leaving the cabin with the door shutting loudly.

the air filled with a sharp silence as jack let out a deep breath and pulled his hands down his face. he came over and began to untie my arms and legs whilst i still struggled to look at him.

"baby, are you okay?" jack questioned, but i ignored his words and touched at my wrists once i was freed.

as i rose from my seat, his hands came towards my face.

"don't" i immediately stopped him. "don't even think about touching me".

i glared up at his taller height then pushed past him to try and walk upstairs.

he grabbed my arm, "siena, wait. i was going to tell you, but—"

i yanked out of his hold and hurried upstairs to our bedroom without giving him a second look. there's no way that i can stay here now, not after all of this - i can't stay here with a killer.

i pulled my other duffel bag up on my bed and started taking all of my clothes out of the closet. the bedroom door soon opened with jack following in.

"babe, i'm sorry" he said as if it was going to fix anything. "can you stop packing please?...please just listen to me".

i shook my head, "i'm leaving. i can't stay here with you. not now".

"i'm sorry for keeping this from you but all the things i did, i had no choice".

"but you had a choice to tell me that you're a fucking criminal!" i whipped around and screamed at him, beating his chest and having no control over the tears running down my face.

he gently grabbed my arms to stop me, "i'm not a criminal, i had my reasons".

"said by every criminal out there that's rotting in prison right now".

"siena, please. i'll tell you, okay" he offered, clearly struggling to say those words. "everything. just give me a chance to explain".

i pursed my lips and took a moment to question if it was worth it, but i painfully love this boy so much that i have to or else i'll spend the rest of my life regretting it.

-

don't even want to acknowledge how long it took me to update this but all i can say is i'm sorry bbys

next chapter is already written so look out for it soon!

{vote, comment and share}