nineteen

jack's pov

after driving for almost six hours and having to stop about three times for the bathroom breaks, it was almost dark and we were both pretty tired from being stuck in the car.

i smoothly held onto the wheel as i let out a yawn and drove down a dusty road that was accompanied by dried out bushes and hardly any buildings.

i glanced over at siena sitting with her eyes focused on the window beside her, lightly resting her head against it.

i was pretty sure that we got lost ten minutes ago, but i didn't want her to worry and i know that i'd be able to find our way again in the morning when i'm more refreshed.

i turned the wheel and parked the car off the road, before taking off the ignition.

"why are we stopping?" siena inquired, holding her mouth to tiredly yawn.

"i just thought we could take a break to stretch our legs then just sleep in the car tonight" i explained, opening the door to jump out.

she followed after me and we met at the front of the car, whilst she pulled on the hoodie in her arms as the wind started to pick up.

"we're lost, aren't we?" she folded her arms across her chest.

"what? how did you know?".

"i watched you scratch your head at the gps for the first five minutes, then you drove around in a circle for a last five minutes like i wouldn't notice" siena told.

i rested my arms on her waist, pulling her in closer to me, "so, you're not worried or about to stress out?".

"no," she shook her head with a smile. "i kind of like it. the scenery is insane and i was pretty tired of being in the car any ways".

i sighed with relief, kissing the top of her head and looked around us. i noticed a particular small building that was mostly made up of old, wood planks and looked like some sort of bar for people when they pass by.

"you want to go and check it out too, don't you?" siena stared up at me and asked like she had read my mind.

"i do, but it's late. it's probably closed".

"we won't know if we don't try" she said and i locked the car, just as she started dragging my arm along with her.

once we reached the building, i pushed the door and we exchanged looks since we're both surprised that it was actually open.

"who leaves a bar unlocked?" siena questioned.

"people in the middle of nowhere do" i said, turning around to leave.

"well, they should really learn not to" i heard her say, before that was taken over with the door opening and shutting.

i quickly followed after her inside, "siena, what are you doing? what if the owner's still here?".

she sighed at my words, "hello? anyone here?...see, no one".

she walked behind the bar and started scanning the various drinks that that were stocked up on the shelves, as i sat down on one of the stools opposite.