Ch.1

Peridot's Pov

     ' What should I do? It's so boring here at the barn and I just about did everything. Me and Lapis are getting along better but she's off for a fly like every afternoon. I wish Steven was here he always gives me something to do.' I sighed and got off of the couch. I walked outside then laid down on the grass.

       I looked out to the sky, the sun was begining to set. 'It's been days since I've seen Steven and every single day has been the same boredom won.' as I was about to  close my eyes, I saw a figure fly past in the sky. " Hey Lapis!" I yelled to get her attention. "Huh, oh hi Peridot!" She landed and sat down next to me.

        "You called for me?" Lapis asked with an eyebrow raised. "Yeah I was bored and I was wondering if you wanted to make any new arrangements to the barn?" She hummed in thought. "No. I think it's okay." She finally said. I thought it was perfect too but everything can use improvements so I went back to the barn and used my metal power to organize my instruments and a few other things.I realized how much time I had spent on it and spent the rest of the night relaxing with Lapis.

        The Next Morning.....

           Steven's Pov

             I woke up to my cookie cat alarm and realized that the house was empty. I got up and got dressed. I then went downstairs to make breakfast.As soon as I finished my cereal I thought, ' I haven't seen Peridot or Lapis for a while. I should go visit them!' So I headed out to go visit my 2 favorite gems. On my way to the barn I saw the prettiest flower. It was like a rose but in different lightings it would change color slightly. I picked it and thought about giving it to Peridot. I blushed as I found myself thinking about her beauty.

            When I got to the barn I saw Peridot working on something. "Hey Peri what are you working on?" I asked holding the flower behind my back and looking over her shoulder. " Nothing important enough for you to know." She turned around showing me a little person made out of wood in her palms.It looked kind of messed up though. She threw it behind her then continued to talk to me. "So, what brings you here?" She asked.  "Just wanted to see you." I was getting ready to give her the flower. We walked into the barn where I saw lapis watching Camp Pining hearts. Peridot didn't join her this time, instead we went back outside so Lapis could watch it in peace.

         "I got you something." She looks at me suprised and says "what is it?" I pulled the rose from behind my back and gave it to her. " It's a flower I found on my way here. It reminded me of you because your both unique and.......... Beautiful." I stopped at what I just said. 'Did I just say that?!' I looked over at Peridot and her cheeks were emerald green " I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable." I said not knowing what to do. She stared at the flower for a few minutes then said " No no It's okay, thanks for the compliment, and the rose."

  Peridot's Pov

          ' Beautiful like you?! what did he mean by that?' I started getting a warm feeling in my chest, kind of heavy but mostly warm. I feel like this feeling is tied to Steven but why? I need to find out.

         As I was thinking I suddenly felt something warm and soft against my cheek! I felt my whole face heat up as I quickly turned around. "Steven! What are you doing?!" I look over to him and his face heats up. "You were just so cute! I'm sorry." I look at him with a confused face for a few seconds then shook it off.'I don't even know what he was doing so I can't be mad at him, and it's not like I didn't like it I was just suprised. This is so confusing!

     Author Note: Hello! I'm so glad to be making this book! I've been meaning to do it for a while so yeah, I hope you enjoyed the story more coming soon! Luv you!