Ch.5

Peridot Pov

        As Steven Started counting me and Connie ran into the barn. "so where should we hide?" I asked starting a conversation. " What? Now we are going to have different hiding spots." Connie said in a rude manner.I stopped. " You must have not heard Steven. He wants us to hide together." I corrected her. " I don't care what he said! I am not hiding with or being freinds with a dirty green alien rock!" She shouted. Well why are you so mean? I did nothing to you!" I felt my eyes begin to water. " Steven talked non stop about you! It's like he's in love with you and he's supposed to be in love with me!"

      As soon as she said that Steven came up behind her without her noticing. "Fine! If you want him that bad then you can take him! Take the only friend I've ever had!" I felt the tears coming down my face and I ran past Steven and out the door frustrated I ran to the temple. When I got there I saw Lapis talking to Pearl. Something about water towers. Luckily they didn't see me and I ran up to Steven bed to cry.

         Steven's Pov 

  As soon as I saw Peridot crying I felt my heart shatter. "Connie what did you do to her?" I said worryingly. "Steven do you love Peridot?" I heard her say. I froze 'Do I love Peridot? I always wanted to kiss her and be with her but...... Oh no I am I love with Peridot!' My eyes widend as I freaked out in my head. " Steven!" She yelled even louder. " Are you inlove with Peridot!? If you are quiet then that means yes." She tapped her foot impatiently. I took a deep breath in. "Connie I think you should go." I said firmly. " Sure I'll go out with you." She said with a smirk. "Home Connie! I was gonna say home!" I said firm. " Fine she said. She then left.