Chapter 9

Stephany's P.O.V.

I have 2 choices at the moment.

1: To be a strong girl, and accept the call. To lie and say that I am done with him, and that I sent the picture of me and Harry kissing by myself.                                                                          2: Decline.

I choose for the second option. I declined the call and put my phone on the nightstand. I knew by myself that if I choose the first option, I was going to burst out in tears, and probably tell him that it was all my fault. Which is so not true, but Jason always made me do what he said. And I'm done with that and I know that I need to learn to stand up for myself against him. I did nothing wrong. What if Jason told my dad, or even worse; my mom. All the thoughts in my head are killing me and I close my MacBook even though I just wanted to watch some Netflix. I need sleep.

I wake up by the sound of a door getting closed, I open my eyes and I see that Madeline just entered the room. When she was about to turn around, I pretend that I am sleeping.

I hear Madeline sighing. 'Steph, I know you're awake and I'm sorry about tonight okay? It wasn't my intention to hurt you, I just drank a little too much. I feel so stupid that I wasn't the one who was driving you back to campus. We need to talk tomorrow, I am sorry again. Goodnight Stephany.'

I don't reply on what she just said, I turn around so I don't face the side of Madeline's bed. Thinking of what she just said. I decide that I will give her another chance tomorrow, I can't stay mad at my roommate and I know she didn't want to hurt me. That was the last thought going through my head before I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

It's 10 a.m. when I wake up and at first I thought I was going to be too late for school but then, I realised that it was Sunday. I don't want to wake up Madeline so I get out of bed as quiet as I can. I change into black jeans with a cute red/white sweater which matches really good with my white Nike's. I decide to get some breakfast at the big cafetaria which is in our campus.

--

I got my breakfast and I go sit on a table in the corner, next to a window so I can look outside. The view is pretty cool here; I can see a large fountain, with ocean blue water. There is also a lot of nature around the campus, lots of trees and grass and I can see some students sitting on the grass in the shadow of the trees. It looks all so peacefull. But when I look at the opening of the restaurant I see Madeline entering. She looks up and directly makes eye-contact with me.

'Hey Steph, how are you?' she asks while she grabs a chair and goes sit next to me.

'I'm okay.' I just simply say.

'Did you heard what I said last night, be-

'Yes I did' I interrupt her. 'And it's okay, I thought about it last night and I can't be angry at you forever.

'Thanks, it wasn't my intention, you know? I just didn't like the fact that he was being so rude to you, he is such an asshole.'

I nod and I smile at her, I finally look up in her eyes and I see that she smiles back.

'We can get diner tonight if you want, I'll pay.' She says.

'Yeah, good plan. But let's at least share the bill with me because I feel guilty when I don't pay.' I giggle.

'We will see, are you excited for your first class tomorrow?' she asks.

'I don't know,' I say honest 'I just hope everyone is nice, and that the teachers aren't freaks.' I remember my teachers back at school in New York, most of them were so weird, especially my Biology teacher, every class he was telling me how good I looked which made me feel really uncomfortable. But fortunately I got another teacher after having him for 10 classes.

Madeline nods understandable and we decide to log in on Tumblr to get some more inspiration for our dorm room, we also picked out a date whenever we are getting the decoration for our room at Ikea and Urban Outfitters which are personally my 2 fav shops, we decide we are going to get the decoration on wednesday after school. We have a lot of time for decorating our rooms these first 2 weeks, because we don't have to do that much for school yet, but I know that that is going to change.

'Oh and Stephany, how did you got home after the party last night?' Madeline asks.

'I first wanted to take a taxi, but then Harry came running after me and he asked me where I was going to, when I told him that I was going to take a taxi, he told me he was taking me back to my dorm, I couldn't say no.' I admit.

'Oh my god, really? Harry has never done such a nice thing like that to me, and I almost know him for like a year.' Madeline says.

I feel my cheeks getting red. Why was Harry being so nice to me? It probably doesn't mean anything, but it would be nice if me and Harry can be good friends. He seems pretty cool.

'Speaking of Harry, he throws another party next Saturday, I am sure he will like it if you come. It's going to be a good party, and this time I promise you, I won't drink that much, believe me okay? I will be your ride to campus that night, unless Harry wants to take you back.' She says and she gives me a wink.

'Cool, I am coming.' I decide and Madeline gives me a smile. How could I ever be angry at this girl? She is so sweet and supports me with a lot.

'Should we go back to our room? We can watch some movies, and I can tell you some more about the people who were in the circle when we were playing the games last night.' I nod and I stand up, paying for my breakfast and heading back to our room.

'Madeline, thanks for being such a good friend.' I say to her when we both sit on my bed together with lots of blankets and my MacBook with a movie on.

She puts her hand on my leg and says 'I couldn't wish a better roommate.' She smiles at me.

The rest of the time we just watched the movie in silence, when we were done we were just talking a bit about all the people who were also at the party, I know a lot more right now, and she also told me that Harry usually don't date girls, he just use them for sex. That didn't really suprise me though, because Madeline told me before. She keeps mentioning that it was pretty special that he was being so sweet to me.

After chilling all day with Madeline it was finally evening, we get ready for diner and we decide to go to a pizza restaurant because we both like pizza the most. We get in Madeline's car but halfway the route my phone starts to make noise again. I recognize my ringtone and when I look up on my phone screen I see the name which I was afraid of that it would be.

'Who's that?' Madeline asks.

'Jason' I whisper, again...