Chapter 15

Harry's p.o.v

While Stephany was driving I couldn't stop thinking. The women by the police center, Ellen.. what was her last name? I really have no idea.

I open safari on my iPhone and I start searching. Where do I even have to start? Her first name is Ellen and she works at a police center. I start googling police centers in New York. ACAP! The center where her mom works is named ACAP. I look over to Stephany who is so concentrated, I put my hand on her leg and give her a smile. I continue my searching. What if It is really her mother? That doesn't mean we can't be in love. But why would I have to meet her mom? I mean as long as she isn't in New York I'll have my excuses. And when her mom comes to L.A I can be sick right? I look over to my left and I see Stephnay. Was she even okay? I see a tear and I see her perish under pain. "Are you okay Steph?" I ask a bit worried even though I am almost sure she isn't.

"Yes" she replys. That's just a typical girl thing. Saying you're okay but you're not.

When she finally stops the car I finally find the website where her mom has to work. I click on 'contact' and I see the first name on the list of detectives but Stephany interrupt my thoughts.

"Can you continue drinving?" Stephany asks. ''I have a headache.''

"Yes ofcourse babe" I say, I still don't know what is wrong with her; she is so quiet since I touched her. It can't be good at all. So I decide to act comfortable so she becomes that too.

We drove in silence and I'm about to start a conversation but then Stephany speaks up.

"One year ago I got shot. And the shooter missed.. He or she shot my best friend. She didn't survive the shot. The shooter shot me after that in my leg and I had to do so much therapies and I felt like shit for a whole year. So now I'm here to forget everything and don't be 'the girl who got shot'. So yeah now I'm here and I didn't want to tell anyone because it have to be a fresh start but I can trust you right?" She says.

I am shocked my, body freezes and I can't talk anymore. My head starts spinning and I begin to see some black smudge.

"Hold on to the steering wheel Steph" I say. I can't talk anymore, I immendiately grab my water and lean against the carseat. It makes sense. I'm prime suspect for a murder on the best friend of my... I don't even know where we stand. I can say my crush because I think I like her very much.

In a couple of seconds I was okay again. I really don't know what happened but this is heavy so my body reacted on that I think?

"Are you okay Harry?" I hear a beautiful voice from my right.

"Yes uh... sorry sometimes I have this when it's hot outside, mostly when I drink less. I'm sorry but uh.. continue your story." I lie but what do I have to say? 'Your mom think I shot you?' when I grab the steering wheel again. I feel a little woozy, but I can't let that on Stephany so I just listen and feel guilty for something I didn't even do.

"My best friend Niki didn't survive, and I came in a depression. I had a long revalidation,it ended a few weeks ago before I came here and I still walk a bit lame, and the place where the bullit came is still a sensitive spot and it will always be.

"Wow pretty fiercely story Steph" I say as shocked as I could.

"Did they found the shooter?" I know the answer but it's very interesting to hear the story of an other side.