Chapter 25

Stephany's P.O.V

I wake up by the bright shine of the sun in my eyes. I look up to see the window without curtains. I grab my phone from my night stand to see what time it is. It's 9 A.M and that on a Saturday.

What shall I do now? Seventh day without Harry. I miss him. Even though we never really had a relationship. I like him. God I like him so much. But with this, with everything it will be very complicated.

I walk to my bag. Skye and I went to my and Madeline's dorm to get some of my stuff. I grab my MacBook and look in my mailbox.

School. Crazy enough they aren't mad. I wasn't in school for a whole week. Last weekend Eric took me. And since then I didn't show up. But now I see they mentioned me as 'special leave', my mother probably called the school at the moment she heard what all happened with Eric and stuff. Good begin of the year. I roll my eyes as I close my eyes and let out a deep sigh. I am thinking of going to the police centre today and talk with my mom, and hopefully with Harry.

I hear a knock on the door and I answer with a ''Come in'' as Skye stands in the doorway while he puts his hand through his hair.

''So you're awake?'' He asks awkwardly.

''No.'' I say as I roll my eyes, I think I am kind of having a morning mood.

''Yeah, dumb question of me. Do you want to go downstairs to eat some breakfast?'' He asks.

''Yes, I will be downstairs in 10 minutes.'' I tell him, he nods and walks out of the room again.

I get out of bed and put on other clothes, I put his t-shirt which I borrowed on the bed, and I fix my hair a little bit. I don't mind doing my make-up because I barely wear it, and I don't feel like wearing it around a person like Skye. I feel very comfortable around him, so it's not necessary.

I walk downstairs, and as I enter the living room, I smell the scent of baked eggs with bacon. Skye comes walking in with a serving tray full of food as he places it on the table.

''Thanks Skye, that's really kind of you.'' I say as he hands over an egg with some bacon around it.

We talk about how we slept last night, and I thank him again for letting me stay at his house, he also tells me about what he wants to study and I try to pay as much attention as I can, but I can't stop thinking about Harry. There is a silence between us right now, and I think this is the good moment to tell Skye.

''I think I want to go to the police centre today. To talk to my mom, it's all so unclear to me, and I need to know more. I think there's more going on.'' I tell Skye as he nods understandable.

''I will go with you, it's not that far away from here. I think around half an hour driving.''

''Good idea, let's go at around twelve, are you okay with that?'' I ask him.

''Yeah, of course. Sounds like a plan.'' he says.

It's twelve p.m. and I look at myself in the mirror. Am I really going to do this today? Do I really want to see Harry again, after everything, and also after what I did to him. I let out a deep sigh, I turn around and I see Skye standing in the corner.

''Are you ready to go?'' Skye asks me.

''Think so. Not sure though.'' I say as I smile awkwardly.

''Come on, it's going to be okay. You've got nothing to lose.'' he says, and I know he has got a point, I got nothing to lose. I already kind of lost Harry, and that's all I need. I can make it up? Try to make a less worse, and that's what I am going to do, at least going to try.

Skye starts the car, and the music from the radio fills my ears. We both sit in silence, but then suddenly, I feel my phone ringing. Mia. Mia is calling me. Skye looks confusing at me and he lowers the volume of the radio. I don't know if I should pick up or not. But then I realise, I really should. She is my little sister.

''Steph? Steph, can you hear me?'' I hear Mia's soft voice through my phone.

''Yes Mia, I can. It's so nice to hear your voice again.'' I say.

''Same!'' she says, ''I was so worried about you, mom told me what happend and-''

''Don't worry about me Mia, everything is fine again. And something like this will never happen again, trust me.'' I tell her, though I am sure I am not telling her the truth. But the last thing I want is my little sister worrying about her big sister.

We talk another 10 minutes, and then it's time to hang up. We're only one minute away from the police centre and I start getting more nervous. Skye tells me again that I don't have to worry, and that it's going to be alright and I decide to trust him.

We drive into the parking lot and we step out of the car at the same time, we walk into the direction of the police center and I notice the big letters on the building saying; 'ACAP'.

Skye walks in front of me and holds the door open for me, as I whisper a 'thank you' to him.

''We're here for Ellen Mendes. We made an appointment with her.'' I tell the woman who sits behind the desk. We didn't made an appointment, but if my mother hears that I am here, I am sure she will let us in.

''On which name?'' she asks as she looks up from her laptop.

''Stephany Mendes.'' I tell her as the woman behind the desk as picks up the phone.

''Stephany Mendes.'' I hear her saying through the phone. ''Yes, now.'' she says. ''I don't know.'' she continues. ''No she isn't alone.'' she adds. The woman ends the conversation and says I can meet Ellen, in other words my mom, in room 43B.

We thank the woman, and me and Skye look on the signs to see where we have to be. On the second floor, we take the stairs and in between 2 minutes we reached the 'room' we need to be.

I knock on the door and I hear my mom's soft voice saying ''come in'' and I do what she says. I step into the room and I see a big smile on my mom's face. ''So nice to see you again Stephany!'' she says and she hugs me tight. I sit down on the chair in front of her desk, and Skye takes the seat next to me. She starts asking me things about Eric, and after a couple of minutes, it's my time to ask her something.

''Mom.. We're here with a goal.'' I start telling her. ''I want to tell you that Harry isn't guilty as you think he is.'' I let out a deep sigh as I continue, ''and I know that you can see that.'' I tell her.

My mom looks me deep in the eyes and she begins talking, ''You're right Steph. There's something you need to know.'' She says as she puts her hand through her hair.

''What mom? What are you hiding? I want you to tell me.'' I tell her.

''It's a long story, but I will do my best to explain. Jason, he did this.'' My mom says. Jason? what has Jason to do with this? I am starting to get nervous. ''I had to tell you previously, I am so sorry.'' My mom says as she lets out a deep sigh.

''It's okay, just tell me please. I need to know.'' I say.

My mom nods as she continues. ''Jason is suppressing me since you met Harry. He works for a mafia or something, it's really unclear at the moment but I am trying to discover it. That's why you probably heard nothing from me the last few weeks. Jason is like an enemy of Harry.. They know each other and I don't really understand why they hate each other so much. But anyway, I am getting a lot of threats from Jason. He says if I don't keep Harry in prison, they will come after you. And that's the last thing I want. That you become in danger.'' My mom says as she puts her head in her hands. ''Sorry for hiding this for you, but.. but we need to do this right. We need to make sure that Jason can't hurt you or come close to you, and I will take care of that, we will get Harry out of prison as soon as possible.''