Chapter 26

Stephany's P.O.V.

I'm taken back by my mom's words, her harsh side fades away and a sensitive women appears; my mom. How I knew her. How I knew her before I got shot. My mom from moments she played games with me when I was younger. The mom who walked with me to school. And who wrote cute messages on my lunch. My mom before she got into a mess.

It's been more than a year since I saw this side I think. I turn my head to the side to see Skye.

Skye, I barely know him. I still know the night I met him on some party. And that Madeline told me I had to stay away from him, but he's nice. It's his punk looks that scare people. Weird actually that people judge so fast.

I look around we're in a police center, in an office in Los Angeles, and a question comes in my head "where's Harry?" It are the first words I can get out of my mouth. "A little prison, an hour from here or something" my mom answers quitely.

After the question, my head got filled. Filled with more questions. I realize everything in one time. So many questions go trough my head. Too much thoughts. I feel the thoughts running trough my head and it become so hot around me. I can't handle this. After so much, I participated so much. More than some people ever will in there whole life. But at this moment I can't handle it anymore. "I'm outside" I say as I reach the door. I look around the corridor and find a emergency exit. I open the door and sit on the iron stairs that lead to the ground floor on the side of the building.

My life is the biggest mess on earth.

I let out a sigh and lean my head to the bannister. I close my eyes and listen to the wind. Just sitting and listening. Kind of walking away from all my shit. Ugh.

After a few minutes I hear the door behind me opening. I turn my head to see Skye. He opens his mouth to say something but I interrupt him "Skye, please go home. I don't want you to feel part of my messed up life, I don't want you to lie in my face and say everyrhing will be alright. Cause sometimes it isn't and I'm at that point right now" He sit down on the iron stairs.

"Steph" he begins. I interrupt him "Skye please walk away now. I don't want you to fuck things up by being with me. Everyone who is with me got into a mess. Look at Harry" I tell him while I shake my head. I sound so hard, I can't control my what I say anymore. I need Skye right now. But he doesn't need me. He's the only one who is there for me.

I feel a tear rolling down my cheeck. "Look at my mom. Skye walk away from this. Because you can right now. I don't want you to regret your decisions". I say. I look up to meet his eyes.

"I prefer I regret things I did than that I regret things I didn't" he says. "Steph I'm in, I want Harry out of prison as much as you want. I Want you and your familie safe as much as you want. I'm by your side, let's clear this mess". I let out a sigh and this time it's a sigh of relief. And I can put a little smile on my face.

"It's just this, everything it.. stresses the shit out of me" I say. "I have so much struggles I don't even know where to start" I say as Skye wipes a few tears away.

"Well let's find the start" Skye says as he stares to the clouds. "Ready to clean?"

I nod, and I listen to his advice for the next fifteen minutes. I have to admit, it really helps to talk about your problems with someone you trust. Now, we both sit in silence, it's outstanding cold for the state where we're in right now. I hear some noises behind me and I turn around to see my mom standing with her arms crossed.

"I think I've good news for you." She says as she sits down next to me and Skye, "if you want..." she looks down at the ground as she continues ".. you can see Harry again, I can bring you to the prison he is staying in.. we can go now if you want?" She asks.

Confusion. That's the only thought I have right now. Do I want this? A part of me says yes, and that part is my heart. A part of me says no, and that part is probably my brain. But you know what they say, follow your heart.

I stand up, and I pick up my jacket, I look my mom in the eyes, a confusion look. So I am not the only who's confused. I nod at her and with that she knows what I mean. She smiles at me, and she says "let's go."

"Good decision Stephany, you won't regret it." Skye says as he puts a hand on my shoulder. I know I won't regret it, the only thing I want is Harry, that might sound wrong but I just want to see his face, and hear his voice again.

"Follow me, my car stands in the parking lot." We both nod, and do what she says. My mom also tells me she brings a guard with her, just to make sure we won't get interrupted by someone who is related to Jason. Thinking of Jason makes me want to vomit. Putting my thoughts away, we finally reach the car. We all step into the huge, black car.

The guard sitting next to my mom and Skye and I are sitting on the backseats. That guard works on my nerves, I feel so unsafe.

Harry's P.O.V.

I stare at the ceiling as I chew on my pencil, trying to think about things that makes me happy. But unfortunately that aren't really a lot of things. I write some thoughts down in my notebook, as I got interrupted by my guard.

"Styles, lunchtime." My guard says as he opens the door. I stand up and I'm happy that I'm finally able to eat something because I feel like I can pass out every moment. He handcuffs me like always since the last time I spoke to Ellen and I walk behind him to the lunchroom. He points at a table in the left corner of the room, where some other prisoners are sitting at. The canteen-lady puts the daily 'food' on my plate as I walk to the table.

I sit down, and at moments like this, when I am connected with other prisoners I always ask myself why they're here in prison. And I also ask myself if they ask theirselves why I am here. I roll my eyes at myself, because my thoughts are getting too complicated. I talk a little bit with the other prisoners, if you could call that talking, it's more like saying 'hi' and that's it. I realise these days that I really miss having a real conversation, and a person who I could tell my problems. I drown away in my thoughts as I finish my food.

"Styles." I look up and see my guard standing, and I already know what I have to do, get back to my cell. I stand up, he handcuffs me again, and I walk behind him back to my cell. The same rhythm everyday.

He locks the door of my cell and I let out a deep sigh and put my head in my hands, if I have to suffer like this, another whole week. I won't survive it.

Suddenly, I hear a knock on the door. "What?!" I shout, not wanting to stand up.

"Styles," I recognise the voice of my guard, "There are some people here for you."

"Are you sure it's for me?" I ask him.

"Yes, come on." He says, "I won't handcuff you, you wouldn't even hurt a puppy." My guard says and I laugh a his words, I think I can say that I am happy with a guard like him.

"Random question, but what's your name actually?" I ask him.

"Ben, my name is Ben." He says, "and yours?" He asks.

"Harry." I tell him, I see a smile coming up on his face.

"So Harry, let's see who's waiting for you." Ben says and I nod, as I follow him.
We reach the room, and Ben tells me that he will come back in one hour, because it will still be an one hour talk.

"Ellen Mendes" it says in big golden letters on the door. My curiosity is reaching and I feel my hands sweating. Who would it be? Josh? Or just Ellen who is going to talk shit again? I put my hand on the door-handle.

"Harry?" I hear a familiar voice saying my name. Really familiar.