The Return

I woke up with what felt like a splitting headache. "Where am I?" I groaned. "Hey, he's awake!" I heard someone yell. I heard some shuffling noises and the sounds of weapons being cocked. "Which one is he?" whispered another voice. "Shhh!" hissed another. I tried to sit up, but found that my wrists were bound to something. I looked down and saw they were secured with metal clasps. I wrenched myself free and saw my friends shuffle back a couple steps. I grinned and held out my arms. "Guess who's back?!" I exclaimed. Yang stepped forward and looked at me closely. "Is it really you Ryan?" she asked. I shrugged my shoulders. "What do you think?" I replied, still smiling. She put her arms around me. "You're okay!" she exclaimed. "Not for long," I gasped, gradually being crushed in her embrace. She let me go and I looked at my teammates. Zayne flashed me a thumbs up, while Ezra and Yuuto looked at me with smiles on their faces. I got off the stretcher and pulled them into an embrace. "I missed you guys," I said. Ezra nodded her head. "We missed you too," she said. I got out of the embrace and looked at all of my friends, both team RWBY and RYZE. "I can never forgive myself for what I did," I said. Yuuto looked confused. "What are you talking about?" he asked, "No way you can remember what happened." I shook my head. "What happened was Omega and I seemed to have come together as one. I have his memories and he has mine." Zayne pointed at my head. "How do we know he won't just take over you again?" he asked. I smirked. "He won't because I have eradicated whatever they put in my head." Both teams cheered at this. "We got our boy back for sure now!" exclaimed Ezra. I looked over at Ozpin and gave him a thumbs up. He acknowledged me and walked over. "Since this fiasco is now over, all of you should go and get some rest." Everyone agreed and headed for the elevator. "Ryan, stay a moment please," he said. I stopped and walked back over to him. "Yes?" I asked. Ozpin looked straight into my eyes. "What happened in there?" he asked, pointing to my head. I lightly touched the side of my head and looked back at Ozpin. "I fought with Omega....and I killed him," I answered. Ozpin thought about this for a second. "Very well," he finally said, "Go on with your friends." I turned and left, leaving Ozpin alone in the cavern.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

The elevator brought us back to the surface and we walked out into the courtyard, the sun having already set behind the horizon. "Well, we'll be going to bed," yawned Ruby. I grabbed Yang's hand before she left. "Can I talk to you?" I asked. She smiled and nodded. I led her away from the group and sat down on a bench. She sat next to me and looked at me with a worried expression. "Something wrong?" she asked. I shook my head and took a breath. "I just need a moment," I replied. I breathed in and out and looked at her beautiful face. "When-when I was fighting Omega in my head, we were evenly matched," I said, "The battle could have gone on forever, but he powered up, stronger than I could have ever been." Yang nodded and looked into my eyes. "How did you win then?" she asked. I breathed out and clenched my fist. "How I won was....I watched him kill you," I whispered. She sat there in silence, thinking about what I said. I grabbed her by the shoulders and looked into her eyes. "I wouldn't be able to live if anything happened to you," I said, "I will always be there for you." She stood up abruptly and looked at me. I watched as she walked away a few steps and turned back to me. "You OWE me one!" she yelled, tears forming in her eyes. "How come?" I asked. "My bike's gone because of your rescue mission!" she replied. I started to laugh and caught up to her. I pulled her into and embrace and held her there. "See you tomorrow," I whispered in her ear. She lightly pecked me on the cheek and walked away. I looked up at the moon and felt happy to be alive. I then walked off to get a certain something ready for tomorrow.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

"YANG WAKE UP!" yelled Ruby. Yang fell out of her bed and glared at Ruby. "What did you do THAT for?!" demanded Yang. Ruby giggled and pointed out the window. Yang got up and leaned out the window. "Morning sunshine!" I called. Yang looked down and saw I was standing outside wearing a biker jacket and holding two motorbike helmets. "What are you doing?" she asked, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. "Those your pj's?" I asked, 'They're pretty cute!" She blushed profusely. "Hurry down! I got something for you!" I yelled. I saw her disappear back inside her room, presumably getting changed. I walked outside for a little bit, soaking in the sunlight and beauty of nature. "If you woke me up this early, it better be for a good reason," mumbled Yang. I threw her a new helmet, yellow with her flaming heart etched into the back. "Follow me," I said. I led her to the main courtyard and gestured to a shiny, bumblebee yellow bike. "Say hello to Bumblebee V.2!" I said. Yang's jaw dropped and I laughed. "Let me tell you about the specs," I said. I pointed to the bike's wheels. "The wheels are nitrogen filled with steel bands and are lined with kevlar, so you never need to stop for a spare." I pointed at some exhaust pipes near the end of the bike. "Nitrous oxide or NOS, let's you go very, very fast," I said. Yang walked up to the bike and sat down in the seat. "This is so AWESOME!" she exclaimed. I handed her the keys. "How 'bout you take it for a spin? See how it feels?" I said. She gladly accepted the keys and turned the ignition. The bike roared to life, purring and ready to go. Yang revved the motorcycle and took off, leaving me behind and choking on the dust. "Glad you enjoy it," I grumbled.