Dear 2: Grateful

Then I hit the stage and remember
why I'm here
I'll be the voice
to those who don't have one
and never forget
the road back

- Nothing Helps

"We love you ONE OK ROCK!"

The fans are shouting and cheering for the boys as Taka headed in front of the stage to reach the crowd.

"Come on, Winter put your hands up! Taka is coming on this way! I wish I could hold Toru's hand but he's busy strumming the guitar." Ellie said while nudging me.

"Okay, okay. Geez, you're so hyper!" I raised my right hand while looking back at the stage.

Taka's eyes met mine, his warm smile makes my heart melt and before I knew it, he's already holding my right hand, intertwined it like he don't want to let go.

I am so very lucky!

And then my phone rings.

I groaned as I picked my phone from the bedside table. The alarm clock says it's already 9 o'clock in the morning.

Maybe Dad sneaked out in my room last night and find me sleeping in my study table so he carried me to my bed. Such a sweet and awesome Dad.

The concert? It was only just a dream.

"Hello." I said groggily.

[Hi, Winter! Oh wait, did I disturbed you on your sleep? It's already 9 AM!]

"Yeah, I know. I have an alarm clock and wall clock in my room." I sat up and eyes shut. I'm still sleepy.

[Can I come at your place? We should go to this resto bar named E.R.R.O.R. Exi(s)t will going to perform there tonight!]

"Error? What a weird resto bar name."

[Actually, that's an acronym for Eat, Rock, Roll, Out, Repeat. It's a cozy restaurant by day and a music hall by night.]

"Now that's cool! Okay just come here and I'll tell my parents about it. But first, I need to take a bath and I'm kinda hungry now I might eat you from the other line." I teased.

[Monster Winter! Okay see you later! I miss you, bestfriend!]

"Ellie Melendres, we just hang out yesterday just in case you forgot." I smiled. Ellie is such a sweet potato, I mean bestfriend.

[Ha! I know right, Winter Dellaira. I just can't wait to your opinion about ONE OK ROCK, that's why.]

"Bye, Ellie-gator!"

[Bye, Winter Wonderland!] And I heard a soft click in the other line.

I'm humming a ONE OK ROCK song while heading to my bathroom. I'm planning to make a cover song of Nothing Helps but I need to know first the chords.

***\m/***

When I went downstairs, I found the home so quiet. I headed to the kitchen to get a glass of milk when I found some food on the dining table. And a note, too.

Winter sweetie,

I prepare breakfast for you. Your Dad says that you sleep late watching ONE ON ROCK so we didn't wake you up. We're out to the grocery.

Mom

"Thanks Mom, you're the best." I smiled while eyeing the French toast, sunny side up, nuggets, vienna sausages and cereals. I'm so hungry that I can finish all of these.