Final Chapter

Can't you hear the voices screaming?
Out loud to me I feel it
We can be the change we needed
Shout it out now, shout it out now

- Cry Out

"Have you heard the news?" Ellie asked after I handed her the towel. She's practicing some dance routines at the living room. Her Mom invited me to accompany my bestfriend because she will be out of the country for a week.

"What news?"

"Mel just delivered a bouncing baby girl! Check your IG to find out." I immediately fished out my phone and clicked the IG logo.

I smiled and almost teary-eyed because Mel posted two photos of Aurelia Lisa, her new born baby girl. What an angel! I sent her a DM to congratulate her and Vito.

"She's so cute! Another cutie OORer is born."

"Right. Can't wait to see them again." I grabbed my art materials. Thank goodness I brought them along with my guitar and ukulele.

"You can give Mel a portrait of baby Aurelia." My bestfriend suggested. "I'll practice again. Are you sure that I'm not a disturbance while you draw?"

"Not at all. Go on practicing and I'll sketch." I smiled at her. "I'll prepare our snack when I'm done."

"Oh, Winter. Do you know that I love you so much?" She hugged me and pinched my cheek.

"Why so sweet and clingy? I'm staying at your house so might as well help you do some chores here."

"I'm so lucky to have you, Winter Wonderland."

I grinned at her. "Indeed, Ellie-gator. Indeed."

After I made two sketches of baby Aurelia, I went to the kitchen to prepare snack. I checked the cupboard and pull out a pack of pasta and cooking cream. I also got some ingredients that I needed from the ref. I'll make chicken penne carbonara with crispy crumbs.

I put my ear plugs and OOR songs accompanied me while cooking. Thanks to Mom's simple and quick recipe of this menu.

I prepare fresh orange juice for Ellie and I grabbed a bottle of Welch's apple juice for me. Like a ninja, twenty minutes is enough for me to make this food. Ha!

 Ha!